Heater Core Hose

Longtubes

Established Member
Heater core hose blew the hose off the one going to intake today after pushing it hard WOT, probably about 5500-5800 rpms between shifts. Threw coolant under the hood and what not, but the hose is perfectly fine. It just came off. Person said it appeared to be because of hose clamp, which I changed out now, but should I worry? I read some people saying head gasket online and heater core, definitely don't want that. Car has hot heat and no visible leaks, hoses all seem fine. Cleaned it all up, re added about a jug and a half of 50/50 anti freeze, seems fine knock on wood...

97 GT

Last edited:

2vmod

Established Member
I had the exact same thing happen to me twice already. I tightened the clamp down tight but even when I run it hard I can smell some coolant and when I check under the hood I can see some coolant around the heater hose area on the intake manifold. Hopefully someone can give us some insight on this. :shrug:

Longtubes

Established Member
Well I took the factory clamp off and put a clamp on with a tighten screw on it, seems to hold it in place better. Was just out WOT'ing it a bit to about 5000 rpms, nothing super hard yet, seemed fine. I'll know when I hit it to 5500-5800.

Users who are viewing this thread