heat shield?

mustang81

Established Member
just orderd my magaflow cat-back and i am getting a cali also. do i need a heat sheild or not? i see some of you guys used them and some dont. 9 or 12 inch s-b or k-n hard to make up mind.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Id recommend a heat shield for the straight filter off of the MAF. You should be able to order a plastic heat and adapter plate from Amazon Racing. In fact, if you havn't ordered the filter yet then I'd recommend the aFe 12" Universal Filter # 20-40035 and use the adapter and heat shield from AR. Ox03 has this setup and Its what I'm going to switch to also. I currently have the 9" aFe filter that came with the AR Stage I kit.

:beer:

edit: heat shield is needed in my opinion. someone on here did some tests with a thermo sensor thing at various points in the engine bay and also in the filter/intake. a shield is needed.

Last edited:

BULL

Established Member
ar cai and no heat shield, you dont need it and looks better without it, imho

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
I like the stockish appearance of my Amazon CAI, I actually use the S&B open-ended 9 inch cone with the Amazon heat shield and billet aluminum adapter plate for right now. A heat shield can't hurt, and it only helps. Plus I think you won't be cleaning the filter as often with the heat shield on also. It's only $40 for the heat shield, why not try it and see if ya like it?

Users who are viewing this thread