Heat from the floor....

ho779

Established Member
Heres a question, does anyone else experience heat coming throught at your feet while driving? I dont know about yours but that area in my car is hot as hell!

dmreitz

Established Member
Lansing, IL (Chi. Suburb on Indiana border)
Yep... this car generates a lot more heat in the cabin than any previous car I've owned (namely my 01 GT).

I look at it this way... in a NASCAR (750+ HP), the driver has to wear special shoes (except for one guy - can't remember who - that still wears wingtips). If they were to just try to wear gym shoes, it would end up getting WAY too hot and supposedly begin to melt the rubber soles.

This to me says that in order to generate more power, you will naturally run hotter. So, the 425-430 HP Cobra (stock) that we are driving now is a lot more powerful than most other vehicles we have driven before (again, my 260hp stock GT)... that means it's going to generate a lot more heat.

Just my 2 cents... besides, I got to compare the Cobra to a NASCAR... hehehe... :)

rotorhed

Established Member
I noticed it too. There is NO reflective heat shield along/above the exhaust. (My M Coupe has a light aluminum "wafer" sheet that runs the whole length of the car, set 1/4" off of the body floor). I was changing out the stock exhaust with the Bassani catback and Ford puts a small shield over the two stock mufflers. It's attached with banding wire used for shipping containers.. real impressive..

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Yep, Mustang V8s are hot running cars. My '95 Cobra 5.0 was so hot, that I added Whitney's heat shield material under the carpet (door to door, front to back). It reduced the heat in the cabin.

:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread