Heat exchanger and bumper ripped off, ideas on mounting bumper

KC_SVT

Established Member
I had a mishap last week at the track, long story short the ramps fell off the trailer when backing the car off and caught the heat echanger ripping it and the bumper off the car. The tabs that rivet to the metal bracket to mount the sides of the bumper to the fender were broke off. I tried to use rivets to re-attach the bracket to the bumper cover however i am not happy with how it fits. You can see the rivets and the gap is all off.

I know I can't be the only person this has happened to, just wanting to get some ideas on a different way to fasten the bumper to the fenders. I have seen a couple different setups, one using Quick Latch (Badass03svt) and one using hood pins. Just want to search for different ideas before cutting into my bumper. Pictures would be very helpful as well!

Thanks,

big dad

Established Member
What you need to do is take each tab off of the brackets and match them to the corresponding location on the bumper cover, you will need to remove the rivets that hold them to the bracket.
Then get some epoxy cement like JB weld, and reattach them to the bumper cover. Once the epoxy has set up and dried you can sand down the excess and rivet the bracket back in place. The key here is to be patient. Good luck.

joshcarp81

Established Member
There are products out there specifically for flexible bumper repairs.
I think even autozone sells one. They include the epoxy and a reinforcing mesh tape.
I bought an eagle talon with front end damge. The bumper cover was tore completely in half top to bottom under the drivers side headlight. I used one of these kits and it held up fantastic.

03slaminator

Established Member
This is what I use. It's works very good. Iv repaired many bumpers with this stuff. Iv also repaired two of my oakleys that were broke in half at the nose bridge with it. Iv repaired multiple things with this stuff.

But if you use this stuff then make sure you know where your gonna stick the piece to the bumper. It sets up fast.
image_13.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread