Heads??

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
Hey guys need some advice.. Well really just seeing if a set of gt40P heads are worth replaceing and will make a differnce from the stock heads.. seeing this heads are going for pritty cheap. so just seeing if i should jump on them.. Thanx:banana:

blownfox

Established Member
Anything is better than stock E7 heads. If you have a budget then yes, but if you wait/save a little longer then you could get some Trick flow or AFR heads.

rustyruststang8

Established Member
with the p heads you have to buy the expensive aftermaket headers to go with them. with reg gt40 heads you dont need aftermaket headers.i say its only a good buy if you can get them for 200-$300. because you can find use edlebrock,trickflow, afr heads for around $600-$800.

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
Anything is better than stock E7 heads. If you have a budget then yes, but if you wait/save a little longer then you could get some Trick flow or AFR heads.

with the p heads you have to buy the expensive aftermaket headers to go with them. with reg gt40 heads you dont need aftermaket headers.i say its only a good buy if you can get them for 200-$300. because you can find use edlebrock,trickflow, afr heads for around $600-$800.

I would like to get a set of trick flow or any other after market head.. but really dont have 1000$ and sum change for a pair rite now..

So win u mean really expensive headers but how much are u talking about.. i am going to go with some afters her soon just trying to see what works better than others.. would u happen to know how much gain over stock heads for example. stockvsgt40p or stockvsgt40p.. thanx again for the input..:rockon:

4valvemach

Established Member
I see your on a budget but I would not throw away money on heads that are not what you really want.Dont spend money twice on the same thing a build that should cost 3k will end up 5k.Im know you want the extra power but just do it in a cost effective way.

Just search for some used heads you can find great deals.

I said the same thing three times just diffrent ways :shrug:

chris1badL

Established Member
I had the gt40p heads with a TF stage 1 cam on a 306 that made right at 300rwhp. How much power are you wanting to make? Of course more expensive heads are goin to flow better but gt40p heads was fine with me.

blownfox

Established Member
Last edited:

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
$200 more will get you these and you get free shipping. You have to pay $50 for shipping those gt 40x heads. So you spend $150 more and you will have some great heads
Trick Flow SBF Twisted Wedge Heads 51400004 : eBay Motors (item 220487212607 end time Mar-27-10 12:38:13 PDT)

Thanx for the link.. but i dont think these heads come with rockers or do they. if they were fully assembled ready to install i would jump on them but i think a good set of rockers go for 2-300$ but i might be wrong..:shrug:

blownfox

Established Member
Neither of them come with rockers but they are assembled ready to install. If you are going to get new heads, now would be the best time to install new RR, lifters, and maybe some ARP pushrods.

You can pick up summit racing rockers for less than $200.00 for a set.

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
Neither of them come with rockers but they are assembled ready to install. If you are going to get new heads, now would be the best time to install new RR, lifters, and maybe some ARP pushrods.

You can pick up summit racing rockers for less than $200.00 for a set.

Thanx for the info man.. i guess really i am trying to go a cheaper rought u can say.. but wouldnt mind running into a pair of heads for 6-800$ but i will kepp looking..:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread