heads

silversvt02

OIL FIELD BABY!!!!
Established Member
What head you guys running. I am going to get different heads/ cams while the motor is out anyways. I think I am leaning tward the KB. So I need some advice, what heads/cams to run with a built short block, and a KB?

thanks for the help!!!

Steve

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Ill be swapping in Stage III Patriots, and JLP/Comp Stage III cams. Stage III heads require the block to be bored over.

Last edited:

silversvt02

OIL FIELD BABY!!!!
Established Member
thanks guys, when I go to the LFP websight, I do not see "stage 2 or stage 3" all I see is the one set of heads. Could someone help me out there. I would like to kow the flow numbers of both sets.

For those of you w/ stage 2 heads/cams, what is the lope like? How much gain did you see for the swap?

thanks to everyone for the help

Gunnar@Patriot

Established Member
SWThomas said:
How much do Patriot Stage II heads go for?

Our stage II heads assembled w/o cams are $1,295.00 no exchange. These will come with 1.78"/1.45" stainless valves, choice of bronze or steel guides, .600" lift springs, ti retainers, and viton rubber seals.

86strokerlx

Ford dreamer
Established Member
What head gaskets are folks using? I'm going to have a set built for my buddies 2000 HD since we're turning up the boost and doing some head work.

Has anyone removed the heads themselves? Ford of course says to take the cab off but that's not realistic for those without a hoist! Any feedback would be appreciated! Mike

Gunnar@Patriot

Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
What are the advantages/disadvantages of bronze or steel guides?

The bronze guides will dispearse the heat better than a steel guide. Also the bronze guide has a natural lubricity to it that the steel does not. We offer both because some customer prefer the steel guide over the bronze.

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
silversvt02 sorry to change the subject but you have to post another picture with just the front of your truck. I have a silver L and want to do the billet grille with the svt logo on it like yours.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Gunnar@Patriot said:
The bronze guides will dispearse the heat better than a steel guide. Also the bronze guide has a natural lubricity to it that the steel does not. We offer both because some customer prefer the steel guide over the bronze.

Thanks for the info. Which one is outright better? Could you please explain more. I just learned Monday that the PI heads come with steel guides and would like more input as to the advantages/disadvantages of bronze vs. steel. Thanks.

If all goes well I'll be using Fox Lake Stage II's with some kind of cam???????

I don't know about the cam yet.

More info here:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229379

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread