Heads-up on my old GT500

chimazo

Established Member
If anyone is looking to buy a GT500, Criswell Chevy in Gaithersburg is advertising the GT500 I had for about 2yrs @ $37,200. They only gave me $31k in trade, so there is a LOT of room there. The car has only 3500 miles, about $5k in mods as it sits, including the full FRPP suspension, aftermarket UCA and LCA's, Dynatech headers with catted x-pipe, Shelby/C&R heat exchanger, lower IW pulley, KR shifter, and a few other things. I don't get a referral fee or anything, I just wanted to pass on what could be a decent deal to be had. The car has been there about a month.
2007 FORD MUSTANG GT500 | Criswell Chevy Gaithersburg MD

bssmith1220

Established Member
I might have to check on your car....I work for criswell and could prob get a helluva deal on it. Hmmmm

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
You should have like 5 of your friends call and offer between $25k-$29k then call again and offer $32.5

HAHA.. Good idea. How about some MACA guys calling them up for me! :banana:

I told them that I knew what they got for the trade. He said in order to give someone 31K cash discount on a vette, or any car, they HAVE to make 3k..:shrug: He emailed me and said would take $35,300.00. Did not respond.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Let me know when you want me to start calling. I am all about calling dealerships and haggling on price!

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Interesting....they gave me $37k for mine and listed it for I believe $42k. It was gone in one month. Real curious what it was sold for. I paid less than $42 for it brand new! However it did have $5k in mods!

Hold out JR....I bet they will move more..especially if it is still there by end of month.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Nah, Darren's GT500 was super clean and only had a little over 3,000 miles on it. He may of left a few minor mods on it, but it should have no problem fetching 35,000+/-, and Criswell knows that.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Let me know when you want me to start calling. I am all about calling dealerships and haggling on price!

HAHA.. Thanks Jason. I like haggling prices too. I think I'll take a break. I've been looking too hard. Something will come up, some day.

Evertime I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a 2010 or 2011 GT500, I see a 03/04 Cobra that catches my eye. At 1/2 the price..lol.. Might just see what Spring brings.

chimazo

Established Member
All my old car needs is a larger blower and some minor fuel mods and you're at over 700rwhp. All other supporting mods are done, so it's a decent deal. Offering $32k is a little silly, as you know they can't stay in business making so little on a trade. If they said they'd go for $34k, then you can't really beat that for such a low-mileage car.

Doesn't matter to me, either way. Just thought it would be a decent deal for someone who was planning on modding one anyway.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
All my old car needs is a larger blower and some minor fuel mods and you're at over 700rwhp. All other supporting mods are done, so it's a decent deal. Offering $32k is a little silly, as you know they can't stay in business making so little on a trade. If they said they'd go for $34k, then you can't really beat that for such a low-mileage car.

Doesn't matter to me, either way. Just thought it would be a decent deal for someone who was planning on modding one anyway.

Whos side are you on? I couldn't care less about a dealer aka rape-artists. They make their money and a GT500 is not their bread and butter believe me. What you should of done is posted up that you were trading it in and offered it to someone in MACA for trade in value.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Sales manager called me last night around 7:30. Talked a bit. He said they would take $34,300.00. I said no. My budget was still 33K ( I did come up a grand ) He first called me at noon yesterday. Said economy was great down there on the 270 corridor. Best sales year they had in 3 years and car would go quickly. Price at noon was $34,800.00.

I'm done playing with him. I know.. I know.. Keep letting him sweat it. He'll come down.. And, I believe he would. I just don't play games..

Anyways, I just closed a deal on a car 10 minutes ago !

chimazo

Established Member
Whos side are you on? I couldn't care less about a dealer aka rape-artists. They make their money and a GT500 is not their bread and butter believe me. What you should of done is posted up that you were trading it in and offered it to someone in MACA for trade in value.

I'm on my side. Just to enlighten you, you pay taxes only on the difference between the trade-in value and the sale price. Offering the car to someone for trade-in value would have cost me $2k. Secondly, by trading the car in instead of dealing with tire-kickers (not that JR was one), I was able to get a great deal on the new car (with the dealer basically making nothing on it) by allowing them to make it up on the trade. So exactly how is making $3k on a car from the dealer's perspective "raping" anyone? They have to pay a commission, rent, insurance, interest on the cars, etc...

So here's the math and where it sometimes pays to trade your car in rather than haggle and hassle with trying to sell it privately.
Traded in for $31k + saved $2k in taxes + sold my take-offs for $7k = $40k.
It would have taken me MONTHS, at best, to find someone to by my car for $40k, if ever. If I had removed the lower IW pulley, the 1pc. d/s, and the C&R heat exchanger, I would have netted another $1200, but I didn't have time.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Good stuff JR congrats!!

Thanks.. It's pending a compression check by me..

"Should" be no problem, but one never knows. 2003 10th anniversary, TR.. Has three piece Truforged wheels. 15,000 miles. It's in Pittsburgh. It's mint..

Some publicity with it. Carlisle winner and calendar feature. Little over 500 at the tire. Stage 4 Eaton. That'll be enough... cough....cough.....2.9.... cough.....cough.... lol. Denice said she still has Dustin W.'s phone number !!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread