(HEADS UP) 03 Cobra Zinc Yellow Police Interceptor

rmgtc01

Established Member
So, I am picking up my car at the Delray Dealership for a last minute warranty item. (Got headlights replaced at 35,990) Headlights had slight cracking, so one last thing before the warranty goes.

Anywho, parked in the corner is an 03 Zinc Yellow hardtop. I walked over and started to check it out. First thing I noticed was some lights across the top of the rear window. The tint is very dark, so you have to walk up to see it. This led me to the drivers side window where I see a mounted radar gun, C/B radio and POLICE INTERCEPTOR on the passenger side dash!! :eek:
I went to get a picture or two on my phone, but the battery was too low. If I go back and its still there, I will snap some.

Car looks stock with the machined rims and silver sticker COBRA inserts in the rear bumber. Liscense number is EDITED.
It is the same car in the controversial video of that woman getting stun gunned out of her car.

Nice looking car, but just wanted to give a heads up to the local stangers on this board. I must say it is nice to see a cobra for law enforcement rather than all the Z28's out there. I know there is a Supra down here, and an 02 Red Steeda mustang that teams up with a Maurader for take downs from Jupiter to Boca.

Glad to see a bretheren on the side of the law, I just hope he is cracking down on local ricers rather than stangers.

Keep an eye out. If one of these cars comes up and gives a Rev, don't rev back or race. :nono: Just ignore him, give a courtious wave, maybe the finger if you are in a bad mood. :cuss:

Later...

Last edited:

TheBlkMach1

Leroy is back.
Established Member
I first saw it about 5 months ago. I believe it's a Boynton Beach Police car. When i first saw it, there was a cop car with it lights on behind itand i thought the Cobra was getting pulled over, but as i passed i saw the flashing lights in the front window. Pretty damn sneaky. :coolman:

NXSVTCOBRA

yea, thats what my brothers' best friend told me, he went in as corrections, now he's miami-dade police..... (downfall was he was a state corrections officer and he had to pay back some money, but it will all even out with the pay increase)

rmgtc01

Established Member
Update! Snapped some pics. Car was back at the dealership for a new clutch. Apparently it displayed signs of abuse. Hmmmm.
The rear pic has the liscense # blacked out. I guess the moderators are not allowing it to leak out. oh well.

e6ymhi.jpg

e6ymxg.jpg

You can see the white strip of lights on the top part of the rear window.
e6yn1x.jpg

e6yn3q.jpg

Mac25

Established Member
I went to a FORD dealership the other day and they said they were selling a 03 Cobra "Police interceptor." He showed it to me but did not have the keys and said it was already sold....Dont know if he was BSing...Then he told me it had a 5.4 litter in it and that's about the time I left....

rmgtc01

Established Member
Not sure about that, but this one was the 03 engine and had a K&N. No other upgrades that I could see.

Where was that at?? "5.4 litter" thats alot of cat sh1t. j/k :poke:
What color was it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread