Heads to the chopping block

GodStang

Established Member
My wife has a small business where she does things for parties. Well no one is having parties so while she has not shut down she is not making any sales. So technically not unemployed but zero income.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Just got the word this morning. We are shut down without pay until further notice. Starting to get a little depressed and angry.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Apparently they'll pay the buyer 40 bucks to recieve the oil... insane
One of my investor buddies said it's derivatives, and no one is paying anyone to take oil.

The derivatives of the underlying asset are funky.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
One of my investor buddies said it's derivatives, and no one is paying anyone to take oil.

The derivatives of the underlying asset are funky.
Ah. Well, I can safely say that I have never ever seen oil pricing go negative. I know I'm in my late 30s, but gawd damn what a shit show

04svtsnke

Established Member
First off, sorry for your job loss. BUT have no fear. in 2 weeks Donny T is putting Americans back to work. IMO it has to be done. At what point do we sacrifice people and save our economy? It's not like we have 20% dead. Hell, not even 10%. People are going to live in fear for a while. That's just the norm. Is the rona dangerous? Shit yeah it is. But the numbers don't make sense to me. People live in fear, and they feed from the media. **** that, life is too short. we CAN'T worry about every little thing.

The numbers don’t make sense because there’s still not enough testing everywhere. I’m actually more interested in testing to see if your body has already produced antibodies for Covid-19. It would help to identify people who can go back to work and help start the economy back up. As much as trump may want to reopen the country, he’s at the mercy of the state governors. Some states are slowly trying to but I’d be extremely cautious for at least a few weeks just to make sure people are spreading again.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
The numbers don’t make sense because there’s still not enough testing everywhere. I’m actually more interested in testing to see if your body has already produced antibodies for Covid-19. It would help to identify people who can go back to work and help start the economy back up. As much as trump may want to reopen the country, he’s at the mercy of the state governors. Some states are slowly trying to but I’d be extremely cautious for at least a few weeks just to make sure people are spreading again.
Thats the thing though, Im sure that we actually will have a surge. This shutdown was sold to us as a way to "flatten the curve". Ok, fine its an extreme measure for an uncertain infection. Id say we now know a little more about it to not freak out and to be able to treat those that are infected.

So, if there is a surge in positive cases, we know what to do. Its not doomsday thats for sure. ITs nothing to ignore, but we have a much better understanding now than when it was starting to ramp up 2 months ago.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
NO ONE wants to be the one that makes the WRONG call !!

Established Member
Just got the word this morning. We are shut down without pay until further notice. Starting to get a little depressed and angry.
Its a recession when your neighbor loses his job. Its a depression when you lose yours. Don't know where I read that, but it sure strikes home.

Users who are viewing this thread