Heads, cammed, headers Camaro

LEADfoot927

Established Member
I am having a friendly rivalry with my buddy. He shows up with a 2014 SS he bought last week,and all he says is it "idles funny". So we did 6 pulls, my 2011 gt500 is stock, only has catback. I was very surprised of the outcome. We were neck and neck all of the cleans runs (I missed 3rd a few times). No matter how far we went nobody pulled, we would shut it down at the top of 4th.

Then he shows me his build sheet: Ported heads, Stage 4 cam, Long Tube headers with high flow cats, throttle body, cai, and some suspension mods. Dyno shows 540whp. My first thought is how impressed how my car held up with 50hp less than him.

I have an appointment to install vmp pulley and tuner in 2 weeks, and he plans to install nitrous and run a 100 shot the next time we meet. What do you guys predict will be the outcome with the new mods? Any tips to give me an edge? Thanks.

Speedboosted

Established Member
I don't know a ton about how much power those mods will do for the LS3, but I feel like 540 whp is no realistic. As for the next race, a 100 shot is a lot more power then a pulley/tune.

Users who are viewing this thread