heads, cam, magna charged gto

drptitan

Established Member
Was out at a local meet and this guy calls me out. Not one to usually turn down a race unless I know i will get murdered, so I agreed. Went a nice little strip out in Mexico, lined up three wide me the gto and a cammed c6. Went from a 40, through second pretty even hit third I started to inch away and 4th is when all hell broke loose. My car is nasty in 4th, shut down in the top of 4th and I saw 2 sets of headlights in my rear view. I was pleased with the out come!!!

Not sure what the gto made but i know the guy with the c6 and he was puttin down high 450s.:beer:

BayareaSS

Established Member
Thats interesting. I would think a heads/cam and magnacharged GTO would walk on you pretty good.

Very good kills on what sounds like two sick cars

drptitan

Established Member
Thats interesting. I would think a heads/cam and magnacharged GTO would walk on you pretty good.

Not sure on the power on the gto but from what he said went 7.6x in the 1/8 spinning.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Was out at a local meet and this guy calls me out. Not one to usually turn down a race unless I know i will get murdered, so I agreed. Went a nice little strip out in Mexico, lined up three wide me the gto and a cammed c6. Went from a 40, through second pretty even hit third I started to inch away and 4th is when all hell broke loose. My car is nasty in 4th, shut down in the top of 4th and I saw 2 sets of headlights in my rear view. I was pleased with the out come!!!

Not sure what the gto made but i know the guy with the c6 and he was puttin down high 450s.:beer:

Damn, i didn't think you would be able to pull any of those cars but sounds like a good kill to me.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Good kills, suprised you were able to pull the C6.

Those magnachargers are pretty much like eatons. On stock motors they don't put down much over 500rwhp. Add the weight of the blower + supporting mods and the fact that GTOs are already heavier than Cobras to begin with, it sounds about right...

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/30f1cd57-4686-4579-a6b4-995b014fa65a.htm"]2004 GTO 6speed, MagnaCharger,cat back, 474/514, p - Video[/ame]

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Whenever your ready, but you kill me on the torque side. You going on the cruise friday night? I think Jeff said he was gonna be home and he wanted in.

Yea, i might swing by the one that'll visit area 51 first if nothing comes up. I'll PM you about it because i need to know the location on the Northside meet.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I'm in tomball for the next 4 months for work. Where is the Northside meet? I'm wanting to get in the car scene down here.

Steadyasshegoes

Established Member

If the GTO was an '05 or '06 it should be putting down about 550 horses with those mods. Even with your strong 4th gear, it is odd you would pull like that on him. Especially with how strong the GTO's are up top.

Sounded like a fun race though! How far behind the GTO was the C6?

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
Nice kills.

If the GTO was an '05 or '06 it should be putting down about 550 horses with those mods. Even with your strong 4th gear, it is odd you would pull like that on him. Especially with how strong the GTO's are up top.

I've found from experience that cars don't always make the power that you'd expect with a given set of mods. My own car is a good example; it should be over 600, but made 539.

CobraRyan

Banned
521/480 sounds like an upper only ported which is a pretty lethal combo the faster you go. That combo doesnt get to hot and all you are missing out on is the low end torque which is only usefull from a dig. About how many cars were you in front of the c6 and what were his numbers

drptitan

Established Member
Link to the dyno vid of the GTO from last night, no nubers but gives mods and shows the pull.

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/330b5aed-b296-4c6b-a59e-999801374deb.htm"]http://videos.streetfire.net/video/330b5aed-b296-4c6b-a59e-999801374deb.htm[/ame]

The C6 made 456 cam and full exhaust from LMR and tuned by HPE.

My car is a port and 2.76 upper. My car runs very good for what it is and have beat alot of people that I was expected to loose to.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
I want in on some of this action too!

Where meeting on the north side and when? I am on the SW side of Htown, but could drive out.

drptitan

Established Member
521/480 sounds like an upper only ported which is a pretty lethal combo the faster you go. That combo doesnt get to hot and all you are missing out on is the low end torque which is only usefull from a dig. About how many cars were you in front of the c6 and what were his numbers

Had bout 1 and 1/2 lengths on the c6 and the GTO looked to be door to door with him. Posted earlier but the c6 made 456

Users who are viewing this thread