Heads are backordered!

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by VenemousShadow
hey I have some odd noises coming from my engine compartment, could someone give me the main symptoms of the dreaded tick cuz I have a bad feeling from what I have read here........
Lots of info if you search on "tick". If you pop the hood you don't hear it up there. The tick is heard from the drivers front wheel well area. You can hear it from inside the car when you are at a drivethrough window or parked next to a wall.

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
Originally posted by VenemousShadow
hey I have some odd noises coming from my engine compartment, could someone give me the main symptoms of the dreaded tick cuz I have a bad feeling from what I have read here........

These engines make alot of odd noises especially when cold. You can hear the TICK in the left front wheel well area. Also if you listen underneath your car in the same area you can hear it. You'll have to have the hood closed to hear it. The noise is present cold and hot, more so when the engine's hot.

Tin Knocker

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraNHYEE
I agree w/ Brasil. I have 5900 mi. on mine and in the past two weeks just developed the dreaded "TICK":gt: My build date is 1/21/03.

Brasil is right. My engine was built on 4/12/03. It anly has 2700 mi. on it and the head is being replaced.

texas_snake

Established Member
I have a april build date of this year and have the blue stripe on my head (driver side). 600 miles on the car. I noticed the other day at a drive through it was ticking very loud. So I popped the hood and could not hear it. Closed the hood and got down on the ground on the driver side and hear a very clear loud ticking - like on an older car it would be an exhaust leak. This sucks. I was hoping picking up a later production car would not have some of the early production issues.:cuss:

So has it gone away for you all that are getting the new head? Nice and quiet? I am wondering since I already have the blue stripe what the deal is. Ideas?

Thanks.

ntechnic

Established Member
Do a search under "blue head" and you'll find out that the blue does not always signify the "fixed" head. Blue heads started appearing from the get go.

Take it to your dealer and let them hear the tick.

Users who are viewing this thread