Heads are backordered!

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
I just spoke with my service advisor today, and he said that heads are on backorder!:gt: HE does not have an estimate of when it will arrive. Is anyone here waiting for a head like myself? Any idea of their ETA? Please let me know. Thanks!

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Mine was supposed to be ordered TODAY. My advisor said they were supposed to do one last week but mentioned all the parts aren't there (namely the head). Hmmmmmm

I bet I was right when I told her about the backorder. LOL Just my luck.

haskett

Established Member
That's typical. My service advisor was smart enough to send the car home until all of the parts came in.

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
`Sa,e here, my car is not at the dealer. I won't take it in until all of the paerts have arrived

riplightning

Established Member
Just to tied you over here is what the look like.
mini-head%20swap%20007.jpg

390 pony

heads arer backordered

just got car back today with new head on . It took about a month to get the head and a week to put it on.

Tin Knocker

Established Member
Ordered the new head thurs. came in friday afternoon. Should be all done by end of week.

Tin Knocker

Established Member
I don't know. The adviser told me thursday that the head needed to be replaced and that he already ordered it. It would be in tomorrow (friday). He didn't mention anything about a backorder.

Weasel

Established Member
Riplightning,
Thanks for the pic. It IS a thing of beauty.

Mike

b34TgNu2

Established Member
Whats the deal w/ everybody needing new heads...j/w in case i need to get mine too.

haskett

Established Member
Originally posted by b34TgNu2
Whats the deal w/ everybody needing new heads...j/w in case i need to get mine too.

Engine tick on the older 03's. With your build date, it's nothing to worry about.

Search on "engine tick" if you want several days worth of reading material.:beer:

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
Actually, the tick is also present in later build dates as well. My engine was built on 02/03, and I have the tick. A lot of people with later build dates are getting their head replaced as well.

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
Originally posted by brasil
Actually, the tick is also present in later build dates as well. My engine was built on 02/03, and I have the tick. A lot of people with later build dates are getting their head replaced as well.

I agree w/ Brasil. I have 5900 mi. on mine and in the past two weeks just developed the dreaded "TICK":gt: My build date is 1/21/03.

VenemousShadow

Go Cats!
Established Member
hey I have some odd noises coming from my engine compartment, could someone give me the main symptoms of the dreaded tick cuz I have a bad feeling from what I have read here........

Users who are viewing this thread