Headlights

Mac25

Established Member
I need some help. Tonight I was driving in the rain and realized I couldn't see crap. I need to get some new headlights. I am not sure what I have in right now, I know they are not stock. They are bluish when u look at them, not a lot of help sorry. I did a search and came across the silver star topics? If I pull out the bulb will it tell me what brand it is? Any help would be appreciated. I just want something that I can see the road. I want bright lights!!!!!!!

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
I donno what you have in there now, but I have the Silverstar's in mine and I love'em. Definatly brighter than stock.

Mac25

Established Member
Took the lights out of the car and here are the pics. Does anyone have or know what type these are?
100_3486.gif

100_3485.gif

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Well the fact that it has "Korea" on it explains why they suck.

I have the SILVER STARS as well and really like them...run them in both my cars.

Mac25

Established Member
Thats what i figured. Thats why I made sure to get that in the pic. I didnt think they were silver stars, so today I will go pic some up. Thanks

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Silverstars have a light purple looking tint. The ones you showed are regular lights that are tinted to change the color. I bought some once, they aren't any better than regular bulbs. I have silverstars and they are great. They are white instead of yellow.

COBRASVT

Established Member
Those that you had in there suck....the look white, but kill the actual light output.

Go with Silverstars....you wont be sorry.

9007 is our size.

Mac25

Established Member
9007 st right? I will be going toWalmart or autozone in a few. Thanks guys

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Last time I checked Advance Auto had a real good price on them...that's if you have AA around your area.

1QIK-SNK

Established Member
i have silver stars in both head and fog lights. alot brighter. if you get the fogs lights you will need to get 880's (i think). they have the same insert and twist pattern and same plug in type and they will not melt your housing. they are not as high in the wattage as stock, but alot brighter, so go figure.

1QIK-SNK

Established Member
Shake&Bake said:
Last time I checked Advance Auto had a real good price on them...that's if you have AA around your area.

i got mine from wal mart and they was cheaper them advance auto. at least here where i live.

Mac25

Established Member
Thanks for your help. I picked some up at wal mart for $38. Not bad. Here are some pics. The silver star is in the right and the crap one in the left, I really cant tell the difference. I did not take it for a drive tonight so I should be able to make a better judgement then.
100_3492.gif

100_3491.gif

I had to add in a pic of the fogs. They are still stock.
100_3497.gif

Last edited:

1QIK-SNK

Established Member
Mac25 said:
Thanks for your help. I picked some up at wal mart for $38. Not bad. Here are some pics. The silver star is in the right and the crap one in the left, I really cant tell the difference. I did not take it for a drive tonight so I should be able to make a better judgement then.
100_3492.gif

100_3491.gif

I had to add in a pic of the fogs. They are still stock.
100_3497.gif

if you want to put silver stars in the fogs you can.

Mac25

Established Member
I looked at those and they were $300, too much me. I drove it tonight and they were brighter.

igotyofire

Established Member
does these really work well, both my headlights work but i wouldn't mind upgradeing if there is a noticeable difference in illumination of the road

Mac25

Established Member
From the crappy ones I had, yes I can see the road at night. From stock?? I cant say....

Users who are viewing this thread