Headlights

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
It’s been quite a while since I posted here but I’m getting my car painted. After 25 years the car is now a full pink rather than laser red. I was looking for new side markers, crystal clear versions but I’ve notice some new options like the one piece headlights. I have Depo projectors but the thing likes to eat relays which is annoying because they are hard to find the right ones. So I’m curious about what everyone likes nowadays,m. I don’t think I love the one piece wrap around ones but maybe I need to see more.

Car is also getting an S-281 wing. But I have to order that from American muscle.

I’m hoping after the paint job the love I had working on it will return. Car sat because someone royally screwed up the rear end build and set-up with 4.30s. My guy said 15 more miles and the the thing would have been a grenade. I have ported c-heads and intake just sitting around with another block out of a mark-8. Original plan was to build a whole new motor but life and kids changed things. This spring my new garage set-up gets finished so the car will have a permanent home inside.

jredline

Established Member
Im in the same boat. I like the idea of a one piece headlight however from everything I have seen thus far, the fit and finish looks like $h!t.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
The one piece headlights both look like shit as well as fit like shit. You also need to cut up the headlight panel to make them fit.

DEPO headlights are as good as you'll find.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Supposedly Kaenen is still in business, I would go with them for a s281 wing. I have the Kaenen on my 98 and it fits perfect. Here is a thread from Corral in 2019 talking about the wing. As far as headlights go I agree with 98 svt the one piece look horrible. I have DEPO projectors with Sealight bulbs in my car and they work fine. Hate to hear about your relay issues.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Good news, called and ordered my Kaenan S281 wing today so they are still in business. He said material prices keep going up just FYI, but that is like everything right now. I am happy to get something that I know looks good.

I am going to just order extra relays and find a better way to seal them, they don't get wet they just oxidize from humidity I guess. I am thinking a heavy wrap with electric tape and then maybe covering that with a coating of di-electric grease or something. Maybe I can use flex seal lol, just kidding.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
What # did you call, and how much was it? Just curious. I may buy another just to put away

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
found them at Kaenen.com, 321-768-7986. I believe it was about $335, prices have gone up, but what hasn't and its cheaper than paying a body man to fix a much crappier product.

Thanks. Are you happy with the quality? I just want to make sure it's still a nice piece before I order one

Adower

Established Member
Thanks. Are you happy with the quality? I just want to make sure it's still a nice piece before I order one
It's a very nice piece, when I talked to the guy he mentioned their website hasnt worked for years. They never needed it as most people just call and go through word of mouth.

I just got a S281 wing a couple month ago. It's as plug and play as you can get.

Users who are viewing this thread