Headlight/taillight tinting

POPPAJ

Established Member
Who out there does this tinting? I'm looking for a quality job to do a pair of headlights. FORD no longer sells headlights for my Marauder so I thought I'd get a pair from FORD for a Grand Marquis and have them tinted. Available aftermarket are touch and go at best.

THANKS!

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
For my last car I had a place that does car wraps tint them. They sell all kinds of vinyl now that makes your lights look anyway you want

greenflash00

Established Member
I used a product from VHT called nite shades on mine and they turned out looking awesome. It's a process to do it right but the key is in the prep, light coats and wet sanding between coats of clear. I put about 3 light coats of nite shades on mine and about 5 coats of clear, wet sanding between coats. Then polish it out with compound to a factory shine.

IMG_2040copy.gif

TERMINATED97

Established Member
I just looked on craiglist and found a shop some what local that had an add up for like $50 tail light tinting. I dropped them off and picked them up later that day. Turned out great.

Commbubba19

because racecar....crash
Established Member
if the lights aren't too complicated do what greenflash did.

you don't have to wet sand between each coat. you can do 3-4 light coats of vht and then wet sand. then a few clear and wet sand / polish and you're set.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
VHT Niteshades always comes out way too ****ing dark, no matter how you try to apply it. Light coat after coat comes out splotchy and doesnt become consistent until you do a decently thick layer and then your tails just turn black.

You can buy tint film from ebay or amazon and tint them yourself, its very simple and there are hundreds of youtube vids on how to do it. I have a few sheets at home to do the tails on my Fusion but havent gotten around to it yet.

Last edited:

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Any decent body shop can tint some clear and knock them out in a day.

C0bra99

Established Member
I did the spider tint because it doesn't effect the light thus making it legal. Applied it myself
P8302791_zpsdea7516d.jpg

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Just get an aftermarket set, I've used plenty of eagle eye and TYC lighs during retrofits, you can't tell the difference. If you actually wanted to do this the right way you'd have to buy marquis headlights and pull them apart. If you just put black tint on the headlight lens it'll look ghetto as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread