Headlight Restoration

KECHDIS_GT

Established Member
3 years ago these headlights were brand new, but they didnt last long due to the harsh weather conditions, so the other day I picked up a Meguiar's Heavy Duty Restoration Kit from Auto Zone and I gotta say that I am very happy with the outcome, they look great now but I am thinking about sanding and buffing them one more time to make 'em look brand new, I would recommend this product to anyone.

IMAG0640 by KECHDIS, on Flickr

IMAG0644 by KECHDIS, on Flickr

IMAG0647-1 by KECHDIS, on Flickr

KECHDIS_GT

Established Member
Turned out good, now lets hope they stay like that...

Yea, over time they are goin to get messed up again i already know that, but i can always use a heavier grit to sand them, but imma try my best to keep these lookn good before i buy a new set

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
you know it wouldve taken you less time to pull the headlights off rather than taping around them......I pull mine on my cars then stick them in a bench vise.

did you put any sealer on them afterwards?

I do this but hit up the headlight with 2000grit wetsanding, then Megs 105 and an orange pad on a rotary, then M205 with a white pad rotary, then seal it with some optimum poly seal and keep it waxed whenever the car is waxed. My headlights stay brand new looking by following this procedure.

KECHDIS_GT

Established Member
you know it wouldve taken you less time to pull the headlights off rather than taping around them......I pull mine on my cars then stick them in a bench vise.

did you put any sealer on them afterwards?

I do this but hit up the headlight with 2000grit wetsanding, then Megs 105 and an orange pad on a rotary, then M205 with a white pad rotary, then seal it with some optimum poly seal and keep it waxed whenever the car is waxed. My headlights stay brand new looking by following this procedure.

Thanks man, will do next time, and I just put the Meguiars protection seal on afterwards.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Thanks man, will do next time, and I just put the Meguiars protection seal on afterwards.

that should work, dunno how durable that is though as a sealer. If you have some NXT 2.0 lying around thatll be good as well.

I restored m headlights on my GST when I purchased it 3 years ago. Still look brand new today.

Users who are viewing this thread