Headhunter

CobraJay

Established Member
Curious if anyone has used the help of one in the past? Recently got my Class A CDL. Drove my dually and 53ft wedge for about a year and its not for me. Hated every second of the auto transport business. I'd like to use my license now and work for a company. Was thinking Tow truck, Oil trucks, Dump trucks. Jobs that will be local and I can see my family every night. I have applied at a handful of places and haven't heard anything. When I was looking to get my CDL, everyone and their mother was telling me how there are a tone of jobs ex ex. Seems like there are but they are the long distance, gone for 20yrs and never see your family jobs. I can't do that.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
Good advice to sell your current rig and get a tow truck. Tow truck drivers don't make a ton, but the owner of the tow company can do very well.

CobraJay

Established Member
I need to sell my setup now and pay off some family that helped me purchase it. I'd like to work for someone and save up some more cash to give it a shot on my own.

king nothing

Established Member
Lots of driving jobs out there that get you home every night. I drive for a food distributor. Decent money in that. Beer and soda distributors too. There are also lots of LTL lines that you drive around and make deliveries in a day cab. Most of those require doubles/triples and HAZMAT endorsements. Problem is that most will require tractor/trailer experience. The company I work for requires 50k verifiable miles

Users who are viewing this thread