Headers

ridingt

Established Member
I am stuck bewtween kooks longtube headers and stainless works. I am trying to decide if the kooks are worth the extra 200. For those of you with them or have heard/sen them care to comment it would be appreciated.

ViciousJay

Established Member
just wait there will be others coming out with the same fitment and such for half the price

Intervention302

Established Member
[youtube_browser]-FwYCngQwYM[/youtube_browser]

I'd say go with Stainless Works... Fitment is 100% perfect... I got 24.7RWHP from the exhaust

Hit me up with a PM if youre interested in a SW system. I got mine from Speedtech, I can get you a good price!

Here are the gains of before/after the exhaust. No tune changes
SWFullExhaust.jpg

0920001420.jpg

0920001418.jpg

081310951613.jpg

No hanging below the frame...
0920001427.jpg

Last edited:

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
the issue we all have, is the offroad xpipe is 14-18hp of your gains. the rest is the headers.

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

I would never install a set of expensive long tube's on my car for 10hp. Nothing seals as good as the factory header and the interior noise always goes up with full length's. There are much better places to spend $1500 then there. Example light weight drive shaft, or a gear change. Or even better a set of sticky drag radials for traction!
But if you have the money and are looking for every last bit of pwr then it's just another mod that adds up.

QUOTE=assasinator;10409650]the issue we all have, is the offroad xpipe is 14-18hp of your gains. the rest is the headers.[/QUOTE]

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
[youtube_browser]-FwYCngQwYM[/youtube_browser]

I'd say go with Stainless Works... Fitment is 100% perfect... I got 24.7RWHP from the exhaust

Hit me up with a PM if youre interested in a SW system. I got mine from Speedtech, I can get you a good price!

Here are the gains of before/after the exhaust. No tune changes
SWFullExhaust.jpg

0920001420.jpg

0920001418.jpg

081310951613.jpg

No hanging below the frame...
0920001427.jpg
[/QUO

I got 19.4 wrhp from just a lethal OR/X and a set of Corsa axle back ....so it looks like headers are only worth 6 wrhp !

ridingt

Established Member
Is there any hard evidence showing that headers only gain 5-10hp over a catless x-pipe. Those graphs that he posted were also without a tune adjustment which would net more.

zilla8

Established Member
I know our cars benefit from a good set of LT headers but for me the stock manifolds are working out great.

with CAI and tune my car made 406rwhp/387rwtq thats real close to a LT only car and not far from a car with LT,CAI,tune

also this is with a mild 91 oct tune I could squeeze another 10 hp out of my set up easy.

here in Cali Longtubes are illegal so that was my main reason for not installing them.I would really think about where I'm going with my car as far as future mods before doing longtubes.

my car with HF cats/X-pipe and Magnaflow comp series catback can easily hang with a car with longtubes in any type of race.The stock cats are the bottleneck in the exhaust with this 5.0

once I went to the HF cats and full 3" exhaust this baby came alive :)

If you have the money and dont have to worry about smog etc.then Longtubes are a good option and will make good power but you should check out a car with stock headers and bolt on's and see the bottom end pull they have!!!!

cdog1157

Established Member
I know our cars benefit from a good set of LT headers but for me the stock manifolds are working out great.

with CAI and tune my car made 406rwhp/387rwtq thats real close to a LT only car and not far from a car with LT,CAI,tune

also this is with a mild 91 oct tune I could squeeze another 10 hp out of my set up easy.

here in Cali Longtubes are illegal so that was my main reason for not installing them.I would really think about where I'm going with my car as far as future mods before doing longtubes.

my car with HF cats/X-pipe and Magnaflow comp series catback can easily hang with a car with longtubes in any type of race.The stock cats are the bottleneck in the exhaust with this 5.0

Who makes and sells just a set of high flow cats????

once I went to the HF cats and full 3" exhaust this baby came alive :)

If you have the money and dont have to worry about smog etc.then Longtubes are a good option and will make good power but you should check out a car with stock headers and bolt on's and see the bottom end pull they have!!!!

Bad Intention

Established Member
I just installed O/R X on my car. Will stick with it for while. But when you are trying to squezze every last HP then Lts is the way to go.

zilla8

Established Member

you can get them from Jeggs,Summitt,Magnaflow,SLP but I would get a good quality cat not something cheap.

The Magnaflows I have are really good Metalic (sp) substrate cats that work good with my set up.

Users who are viewing this thread