headers

StStang0702

SVT Poster
Established Member
hey guys i currently have SLP LM1 exhaust and a Magnaflow catted X-pipe, im looking at getting a set of the Ford racing shorty headers.

are shorty headers good for Forced induction because im eventually going to blower the car. also how much is it going to change the sound?

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
I think shorty headers are a waste of time/money,
I would go long tube headers especially if you are going forced induction unless your state has smog laws against it.

Fred :beer:

2k6silvergt

Established Member
I would go long tube headers especially if you are going forced induction unless your state has smog laws against it.

I agree, go with longtubes if you are going to change the headers. As far as sound, when I added longtubes to my 06 the exhaust got a deeper sound to it.

2k6silvergt

Established Member
Mac and pacesetter are the first ones that come to mind. I had pacesetter on my 06 and they gave me the same gains as the stainless works setup.

JMoraru

Established Member
ive heard good things about the OBX headers. i know you can find them on ebay. personally, if i got with headers i will buy those. they look good and come with 2 H pipes. they are also are about $500, compared to the $1000+ others want for them.

germansheperd

2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
Established Member
I just put some ARH on my car the quality and sound is amazing. I cant bitch about my shorty's my car went 12.70 with them and just some bolt-on's thru an auto so shorty's worked for me.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member

Somebody from here ought to go over to the Shelby forums and tell those Shelby ("sh*t don't stink") fanatics over there about shorties being a waste. The fanatics that member that forum claim that when they put shorties on their Shelby GT's they are consistently getting 10 RWHP on the dyno.

I have been yelling back "BS" every time and gotten crucified for it.

I have put shorties on 05 and 06 GT's I have owned with the same intake and exhaust setups as the Shelby GT including the x-pipe and as well an 07 Shelby GT that I own and gained a sum total of 1 HP in all cases which cannot even be claimed as a gain entirely due to shorties.

I think those people over there are so bedazzled by the name "Shelby" :rolleyes: that they have lost their ability to separate fact from fiction!

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
Mac and pacesetter are the first ones that come to mind. I had pacesetter on my 06 and they gave me the same gains as the stainless works setup.

Mac's aren't true long tubes. I got Hookers for $500. They are the BEST fitment and quality for the money IMO.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I have never gone with shorties..always went with longtubes(kooks) on my cars. But....I have seen some serious power being made with supercharged cars with stock exhaust manifolds still on the car. So its really up to your wallet. Long tubes will make more power...but like I said..more power can be made without them too. (boost)

Users who are viewing this thread