Headers, Questions

blownstang01

Established Member
Looks like I am going to build my own set of custom headers. Does anyone have any experience as to primary tube size and length ? I am not looking for total high RPM horsepower, so I think 1 5/8 would be fine, maybe stepped to 1 3/4. Let me know your experience.
Thanks In Advance

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
Why would you want a headache like that? It'll probably be a bitch to make them fit right and then if they leak you'll be taking them on and off to correct.
just my .02

blownstang01

Established Member
Because I am also doing some engine-setback and want some to fit. Oh and I have built several custom sets for myself and customers (that paid big $$$) and I know how to do them right. Thanks for the concern though. Anybody have any info ???? And with all due respect I don't need "well I heard this" and "a distant cousin of a well know engine builders babysitter said this" I kinda was looking for someone with actual knowledge on the subject.
Thanks Again.
Mike

GodStang

Established Member
I am running Kooks 1 5/8. they are great. If you can get an after market K-member do it.

blownstang01

Established Member
GodStang said:
I am running Kooks 1 5/8. they are great. If you can get an after market K-member do it.

Any idea of primary length ? Thanks, I am running a Griggs K-Member now.

Users who are viewing this thread