HEADERS Question!~!?????

SVTnKC

Established Member
Just seeing what the interest in a GROUP Buy would be for some Headers for the SVT Contours!~! I'm talking to the guy from MSDS Headers and he needs me to see who would be interested and how many...then i can give you guys #'s in pricing and shipping and payment methods! He told me it would be in the $600 Range...no higher than $635...and that's like the complete HIGHEST i'm going to go! Especially if we get 10 or more! SO everyone just let me know if you're interested! THANKS

SVTnKC

Established Member
I said i didn't know the #'s i just needed to know the interest! I'm talking to the guy again today and maybe he can give me better #'s but as of now that was a made up # that i said...I have NO idea what he's going to offer!

SVTnKC

Established Member
Ok fellas i got the #'s today but i will have more tomorrow when i recieve the fax from MSDS. Normally the Shorty Headers run $660 for the headers which includes the Y pipe! Now if you have a vortec supercharger it runs $715 normally! The guy said that he would run us the same deal that he did last time with the group buy. If we get 10+ people we can get them for $575 plus shipping (You called that one GREENSVT) and if you have the supercharger add $50 which is $625! ~~~~ i'll have more on this in a few days but he said the normal 2.5L engines..like the new Cougars experiance a MAX of 40HP gain and the SVT's around 50HP gain MAX! Please let me know whos interested and can caugh up the money! I have a 30 day LIMIT from when i let him know to the date we need the money in by, because they have some in stock, but extras have to be made! So if you say you are in...please be in for sure!!~!! THanks an i'll have more lateR!!!!

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
That price is okay.

IIRC they just raised the price not too long ago. When I bought my set I paid ~$600 shipped directly from Marty at MSDS.

Also the headers will give you around 12-15FWHP & 8-12FWTQ on an SVT depending on your other mods. Less on a standard Duratec.

SVTnKC

Established Member
LOOK here it is....and read carefully because it says that it COMES with the mil simulators, so there's no need to go looking for one!

Home About MSDS Product Overview Exhaust & Headers
Air Intake Systems Specialty Products Project Vehicles

WHAT'S NEW?

MSDS is now producing a High Output Shorty Header Set

MSDS is now producing a High Output Shorty Header Set with High Flow Y-pipe for the '95 and up Ford Contour, Mercury Mystique, and '99 and up Cougar with the 2.5 litre Duratec V6 engine. The headers are made from 16 gauge cold roll 1.625" mandrel bent tubing, laser cut flanges, and retain all oe emissions fittings. The Y-pipe is made from twin 2" mandrel bent tubes, has a welded support bracket, and mates to the oe catalytic converter. These are ceramic coated (1,500f), and include hardware, gaskets, and M-I-L simulators, for a total bolt on installation.

The headers have shown as much as 30 fwhp increase when combined with a high flow air cleaner and cat back exhaust system, on our '99 Cougar test vehicle. Please specify your transmission type/ year/ and either 2 or 3 bolt cat converter inlet flange when ordering. The 3 bolt converter flange is usually on all automatics. Most vehicles produced after Nov. '99 came with the 3 bolt style, and is most noticeable by the large flex connector just past the first flange. 2 bolt styles used a donut gasket without the flex joint.

If you are using these headers on the Vortec (brand) supercharger kit, please special order the MSDS pn HO811 headers, $710.00 per set, which have a special FRONT header for blower clearance

That's it! that's all thats on the site...and when i talked to the guy on the phone HE said a MAX of 40 hp gain! Yet, the site says 30, so believe what you want. And listen to Demon too...he has them on his car! So please let me know if you want in on this! I have 4 people so far.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
and for us CSVT guys, just so ya know (unless they've updated the design) we have to get rid of our oil cooler IIRC

not that it matters, since I have to put a 3.0L in my car

mambaman

Established Member
um, ok, maybe i'm wrong here, but aren't these things illegal for street use?also, i have heard of 30HP gains when used with good intakes and catbacks, but the whole legality thing has me wondering

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
illegal? Speeding is illegal too......

But they technically aren't Carb OE or whatever, and are 'for off road use only'.

Originally posted by mambaman
um, ok, maybe i'm wrong here, but aren't these things illegal for street use?also, i have heard of 30HP gains when used with good intakes and catbacks, but the whole legality thing has me wondering

mambaman

Established Member
ok, so basically if you find a mechanic who is willing to install them, you don't have too much to worry about?i only ask because it would be a bitch to get caught with them.....

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
actually the duratec seems to pass sniffer test with the headers and the main cat...as long as its warm

mambaman

Established Member
thanks rtstabler, that is some good news, but does anyone know about Ohio's laws regarding the legality of such headers?also, any idea how much these things cost to have installed?(just an estimate mind you)thanks

mambaman

Established Member
over at shoshop they have MSDS headers with 02 simulaters for $550.......isn't that an awesome deal?

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
The MSDS headers fit the SVT with no problems. You do not have to lose the factory oil cooler.

Headers will not pass a visible underside inspection (I.E. they raise the car)
They will pass an open hood inspection.
They will pass the sniffers too if the engine and exhaust is warm.

No they are not "legal" in any state since they remove 2 catalytic converters. (Federal Emissions)

...as for SHOShop (insert insult here) - They sell just the headers themselves for $550. NO Y-PIPE!
Henceforth NO WARRANTY! and you lose the TUNED SET MSDS designed! That's a definite Lose/Lose situation.

mambaman

Established Member
demon, what do you mean that they raise the car?i don't get that part, but otherwise it sounds good, and i didn't know about shoshop, thanks for warning me

Users who are viewing this thread