• Yes go with headers you noob

Votes: 27 87.1%
  • No, they are not worth it for the money and aggrevation

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Master

Established Member
about to order exhaust but i want to do it right the FIRST time... im planning on 650+ 700 at the wheels, but a local shop is telling me not to put headers cause of the aggrevation and blah blah blah.... and some people say yes do it it adds HP but less boost.... please help me decide, be opinionated please let me hear it.

Last edited:

cornholio

Established Member
Yes, expensive, but a no brainer as far as I am concerned. The most rewarding mod that I have done. All be it, it was the most recent, and after the port, injectors, lower pulley, sct2400, LFP cooler, TB/Plenum were all done at once.
I really think that it just really worked with my other mods. If I had done the headers first I might have a diff opinion.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
The full Bassani exhaust, including mid-length headers, was my first mod over 2.5 years ago. I did it for the sound and power. Many will say you won't really benefit until you get 550+ hp, but I've been happy from day one. From my understanding from the mechanic, they are a bear to install and adjust, but well worth it for me. Good luck.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Headers are a very good idea, especially at that power level. They were pretty tough, but just take your time. I worked about 3 hours a night for 3 nights and it didnt seem like too bad of a job.

Master

Established Member
What about the bolts backing out... if I have to worry about the damn bolts all the time I really dont want that. In my opinion, I rather not have them at all then to be wondering if I need to tighten my shit up or not all the time

Anyone ever have to tighten them up before???

mrose75

Established Member
Are they saying it's aggravating for youor them? I hope for you, cause if it's too much trouble for them....screw 'em. Take your money somewhere else. But back to the subject, I heard unless you're going high HP don't bother. I'm guess what you are going for is high enough. Just my worthless $.02...:shrug:

cornholio

Established Member
Master said:
What about the bolts backing out... if I have to worry about the damn bolts all the time I really dont want that. In my opinion, I rather not have them at all then to be wondering if I need to tighten my shit up or not all the time

Anyone ever have to tighten them up before???

ARP or Ford Motorsport locking header bolt set seems to solve that problem. I def would not do the job without a set.

djtyau

Established Member
If you can get away with it in your State and you didn't slam your car (unless of course you get Macs LTs), I say go for it. The best thing about headers is the sound of course, but I wanted to do it for removing heat from the engine bay.

blksvttrmin8r

i added my Mac long tubes after the kenne bell install and could feel a pretty big seat of the pants difference.... if u plan on goin with a twin screw or turbo i suggest you get a nice set of long tubes

tr04mach

Established Member
Just do them, its not that hard of a job to do, just kinda time consuming. Did mine on jackstands in my garage, if you do them yourself you can save that 400-600 bux for other mods. The sound and power are worth it.

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
cornholio said:
ARP or Ford Motorsport locking header bolt set seems to solve that problem. I def would not do the job without a set.

+1 on the locking header bolts, its insurance. Part#8906 on Summit website. You cant go wrong with locking header bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread