HEADERS, need help

Svt_lover

Established Member
So im looking at buying a set of headers, just need to know what all is needed for the install.
I will have a tune for them.
I know i will need:
EL HEADERS
shorty mid pipe
02 extenders

More so curious about all the egr bs, what would it take to just delete it

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Tools to drop the K member for a start... Good time to do an aftermarket K. As for the rest of it... OEM gaskets, longtubes, matching pipe, o2 extenders and misc loose parts. You can get a high quality set like ARH or Kooks. For a budget, MAC is the cheapest I'd go.

19Mystic96

Established Member
I liked my bassani mid-lengths. I got some decent power out of them and still tucked well under the car. You’ll need new gaskets and I bought the stage 8 locking header bolts just to be safe. I had to re-do my install a few times because the headers leaked from the nuts backing off.

You will need an EGR block off plate for the intake and a tune to stop the CEL from coming on. It’s been a while since I removed mine so I think there’s a vacuum line that needs to be capped off also.

Like previously mentioned, dropping the K member is the best way to get them installed. It can be a lot of work for the first timer but it’ll save you a lot of headache in the long run.

bryantaylor

Established Member
Have to drop K member. I also removed all my EGR and air components. I got an EGR block off plate on ebay for cheap. Removed all secondary air lines. Cut off the tubes for the EGR and air lines going to the headers so you can re-use the screw fittings, then just used a head of a bolt to block the hole and screw the fitting back on.

96GT226410

Established Member
- I also dropped the K member to install my BBK long tubes
- I reused the stock bolts and I suggest you do the same
- Use new OEM gaskets
- If you're planning on getting rid of EGR and the SAI then get a tune for that as well as the long tubes
- If you're going to delete the SAI then I suggest getting 99 - 04 headers (they won't have the port for the SAI on the headers and will fit fine - I have 03/04 Cobra long tubes on mine)
- Since you're there you should think about replacing the K member with a tubular unit if you can afford it
- I would definetly replace your starter (especially if it's original) and motor mounts
- If you're going to drop your K member now would be a good time to replace your rack bushings

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread