Headers... mid lengths or just stick with stock?

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Kind of a unique situation for me. I'm stationed in Europe so longtubes are a no go where I live right now (Spain). Especially if I go to Germany next they literally will not release my car to me with longtubes on it. Plus half the time in the states you can't have longtubes and pass inspection if I wind up getting orders back. Mids I could get away with because they look like shorties from underneath. Not sure if I'd go with Bassanni or JBA, I like that JBA is one piece but have heard of issues with their stuff cracking.

Shorties I know are not worth it vs the stock iron manifolds which I have now. Car is just a bolt on 4V with a tune. Exhaust is a UPR catted H and flowmaster mufflers welded into a stock catback.

Any input is welcome.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
In your situation do not change anything. If long tubes are a no go, then mids are a no go too.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Stick with the stockers. One less headache to deal with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I figured I'd do that for now. Hell maybe I won't even change the K member, that is the reason I was going to do them now...

Thing is... Mids will pass here in Spain and probably would in Germany too. Longtubes would not. Also there are enough speed humps in town that I wouldn't want to do longtubes anyway.

Maybe I just do a 4 point brace on the stock K, offset a arm bushings and x2 balljoints and offset rack bushings and then put the $3000 for exhaust and MM suspension into an Eaton swap...

Eaton swap is all OEM parts and would be ok here. Car is a street car 90% of the time.

Sent from my COR-L29 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Stock. When you move back to the states, maybe pick a state that aren’t run by nazi’s.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

shurur

Established Member
Stock. When you move back to the states, maybe pick a state that aren’t run by nazi’s.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

yup..think of the headers as a gift to your car when you bring her back to the states...unless you marry a beautiful Spanish girl and never come back to the states again..

scottydsntknow

Established Member
yup..think of the headers as a gift to your car when you bring her back to the states...unless you marry a beautiful Spanish girl and never come back to the states again..

Lol I plan on trying to stay over in Europe for awhile regardless. Married to an American before I left but you aren't wrong about Spanish women. Its a true stereotype especially in the summer. This area is a vacation area so population like triples from mid June to mid Sept. Anyway I can retire from the USAF in 4 years so if I extend here or get Germany I can retire and go straight into contracting overseas.

Will leave the stock manifolds and UPR H, get a better catback and overhaul the suspension up front, then paint. Then I'll worry about going faster although even with the 3.27s my car can dust basically anything on the road over here. Cars are either work vehicles, 4 banger hatchbacks with only super rich ppl having cars with legit power and then its the $$$ Euro sedans. Sports cars you legit never see on the roads here unless its an American or an event.

Users who are viewing this thread