Headers (cat delete) vs cat delete dyno sheet

OxfordCoyote

Established Member
Does anyone by chance have a dyno graph showing power gains along the curve? Trying to prove that headers dont just add 10hp over cat delete...

sleeper02

Established Member
I know there is a comparison graph on this forum somewhere. I believe the consenseous was the lt headers with an o/r mid provided only 5 to 10 whp difference at peak over a basic o/r mid pipe, but throughout the rpm range, the header combo made as high as 20-30whp gains over the o/r mid pipe mostly in the mid range.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I can check to see if I still have my first dyno sheet for my car.

First dyno was with Cat-Deletes, Ported CJ, TB, Intake, Tune and Borla S-Types - 422 RWHP / 367 RWTQ.
Second dyno was with Kooks 1-3/4 "LT's, Kooks O/R H, Ported CJ, TB, Intake, Tune, Borla S-Types - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ.

I had upper RPM knock and added a few gallons of 100 Octane. I'd imagine with full E85 or 110 Octane, my car will be over 450 RWHP and 400 TQ which is a good 25+ RWHP gain with Headers.

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
I'll be going straight to long tubes and no cats. I'll take any gains because he sound is worth it!!

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member

OxfordCoyote

Established Member
Thats what i am a little worried about. Dont want to drop the thousand dollars for headers and gain 10whp. rather just spray the car.

Users who are viewing this thread