Headers...Are they worth it?

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
All the threads about headers, and yet no one has posted dyno numbers to show if the price and trouble of installation is really worth it. Most of the mags say no, but I see alot of folks doing them. So for everyone with SSW, Kooks, Bassani mids, JBA, SLP, BBK, MAC, Pacesetter, who ever the manufacturer lets see what they produce, horsepower and torque, what they cost, headers and install, and see who are the best bang for the buck! And if you want to take into consideration sound, that's fine too. Post a sound clip and mention your entire exhaust set up from the block to the tip.

Last edited:

- Aj -

Established Member
Depends on your goal, stock logs work well up to around 650rwhp. Besides power, another benefit is decreasing underhood temps. I recommend MAC longtubes if you are going for it. Kooks are top notch, just a bit pricey.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
altough you won't gaina s much power until you get to 600WHPish, you'll still be lowering temprature and not to mention that your car will sound mean as hell. A friend of mine just got bassani mid lenghts and he pick up about 10 hp and no to mention his car sound very nice now

Users who are viewing this thread