Headers and o2 oh my.

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
I have installed the obx headers a month or so and i cant seem to keep them from leaking. I love the sound at wot but other that that there just to loud. Well the Problem is that i cant reach the o2 connection on the passenger side coming off the motor. Is there an easyier way to get this to connect? I had to use a pig tail system to make them fit but i cant reach and neather can my 15 year old brother with his girl hands. Any help?

MayfairSC

Established Member
All you have to do is contact customer support and a tech will guide you through your options. Failing that, the manufacturer will replace or refund you for your purchase and ship you a replacement free of charge.

Oh wait a minute:

-They are cheap Chinese knock offs copied from a legitimate US company, Kooks which has spent money on R & D, pays their customer service people to take care of their customers.

-You have no idea who made them in China

-The Internet guy who sold them to you is nowhere to be seen.

Just put them in the garbage where they belong.

YOU are part of the problem.:fm:

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
How am I part of the problem? There was a hand full of lightning owners at the texas motor plex and the all had them and told me to get them. Obx headers are not cheap. there really well welded and and fit perfect. I just need the locks for the header bolts. My problem is I cant reach the connection harness hanging down on the passanger side of the motor.

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
All you have to do is contact customer support and a tech will guide you through your options. Failing that, the manufacturer will replace or refund you for your purchase and ship you a replacement free of charge.

Oh wait a minute:

-They are cheap Chinese knock offs copied from a legitimate US company, Kooks which has spent money on R & D, pays their customer service people to take care of their customers.

you're kind of a douche aren't you Mr. 2 posts

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member

Oh wait a minute:

Hmmm....ya mind trolling elsewhere dude? This forum is here to help others not be a dick.

OP, its gonna be a bitch but why not drop the passenger side header and redo the sensor? From what ive heard the O2 placement on the passenger side of most long tubes is a pain in the ass anyways. another option would be to plug the stock bung and weld in another bung to relocate the O2 in an area thats easier to reach if possible

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member

Oh wait a minute:

Lighten up Francis!!

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
No, he's not kind of a douche...........He is a complete douche.

Welcome to the site. With a shitty attitude you won't be here long. Try helping instead of busting busting his balls.

It's hard to get to that connector with factory midpipes. I find it is much easier to get to the connector if you pull the passengers wheel well out. It takes more time but the entire job is easier overall and takes less time in the end.

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
couple weeks back i replaced my front o2s. i took the plastic inner fender out and made it a lil easier to get my hand in to reach the plug. this is with stock manifolds and hi flow midpipe though. i witch they had relocated that plug.

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
Thanks for the help guy and taking my side. Oh i was going to ask how much of a loss am i recieving from not having the o2 in right now? When its installed will i expect better performance? I havent noticed a huge differance with headers like i was told by others. Thanks for everything.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I would use stock manifold studs to secure the headers to the cylinder heads. They won't back-out like bolts will. Plus, you already have them and don't have to buy those expensive, pain in the ass locking bolts. As for the O2 sensors, just get yourself a set of O2 extenders and call it a day.

MaxPower

She likes Spaghetti
Established Member
The problem is he can't reach the connector. It is held on the rear of the cylinder head with a push-in plastic grommet. If you can get something up there to pry it off the back of the head, it should give you more room/slack to get at it.

If I could get up in there, you can. You'll need some pliers to guide up the connector, then once it's in position, you can hold the one on the back of the black, and push up on the extension. It's a ROYAL PITA to do it. I've done it 3 times now :bored:

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
MaxPower did you do it with fender well off? I tryed the hanger and that didnt help. I cant shove my hand up any farther. Its teasing me.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Yeah man much easier to go thru the wheel well. Its still a pain in the ass but alot easier than trying from under the truck

Users who are viewing this thread