Header/Quicktime bellhousing fitment problem

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Since I had the transmission down to fix the leaking cooling mod I installed a McLeod RXT clutch. I also picked-up a Quicktime SFI bellhousing. I don't NEED the higher HP clutch or the bellhousing now, I have plans for next year for the motor.

The car came with BBK longtubes. Seems that the starter 'bumpout' on the bellhousing hits one of the tubes. I'd like to 'dent' that tube; does anybody have a suggestion on how to do that without taking them out?

I plan on replacing the BBKs next year with a pair of stainless. I'll be calling ARH and Kooks tech dept. to see if they may have the same fitment problem.

Is anybody running a Quicktime bellhousing with longtubes?

Thanks guys... :beer:

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Talked to ARH and Kooks they seem to be in the dark about the issue. When I do buy I'll just have to order the smaller primaries. ARH said they can put a 3" collector on the end.

Looking over the bellhousing there are four welds holding the 'half cup' shaped starter bumpout on. Time to fire-up the cut-off wheel! This way it will clear the header and not destroy the bellhousing. I can weld it back on in the future.

There just isn't room to swing a hammer or put a piece of wood in there, and I don't want to burn the car to the ground with a rose bud on the end of my torch to heat-up that tube. I'm not raising the motor to remove the header until next year for motor work, new K-member and stainless headers.

Gee, 25 views. Funny, if it would have been posted on Terminator Talk it would have had 125..ha!

hotcobra03

Established Member
the bellhousing will not go on with bbk longtubes when attached to trans..you would have to remove passengerside header or put bell housing on without trans

Users who are viewing this thread