Header gasket question

stop2go41

Established Member
I just ordered a set of Stainless Works long tubes and am wondering if I should re use the factory gasket or use the one in the kit. The reason for the question is I came from a Termi and was told be everyone not to use the after market one stick with the factory one. Thank you in advance.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Factory for sure. If the factory gaskets are a little beat up from removal, order new ones from Tasca. I would toss the SW ones in the trash

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
factory here too, I have used them several times over and over, I do put some red RTV on both sides to help the seal and I have never had a leak.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
My SW headers didn't come with gaskets. Came with some silver exhaust rtv. I did the install March 2012 just used the rtv and haven't had any issues ever

RBB

Established Member
Cometic makes some quality gaskets....use the same MLS construction as the OEM, but way cheaper. MMR uses them on their builds and both them and Lethal sell them.

Black Sex

Established Member
My SW headers didn't come with gaskets. Came with some silver exhaust rtv. I did the install March 2012 just used the rtv and haven't had any issues ever

I just installed SW headers on my car. I took one look at the silver RTV that came with them and when I saw it was only rated at 600*F, I threw it in the trash.
I reused my factory gaskets (17K miles) with a thin layer of copper silicone on both sides. I did use the bolts that came with the headers though.

Users who are viewing this thread