header gasket install question

Miked232

Established Member
Hey guys, I tried to search but didn't find anything. I know its recommended for install to drop the K-member / jack up the motor. Is it possible to change out header gaskets / install stage 8 bolts without doing so? BTW they are shorties on my 97 cobra. thanks - mike

brucesvt

Established Member
Will be looking at this myself. Just got some used jba shorties as a present recently

Subscribing

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

19Mystic96

Established Member
I’ve tried to install headers without dropping the K-member. It was a nightmare. I couldn’t get the bolts tight enough on my mid-lengths so they leaked.

I dropped the k-member when I had to re-do the header install and it was so much easier to work on. I installed stage 8 locking bolts and it was a huge help having the extra room to get the tabs and clips onto the bolt head.

I recommend dropping it and saving yourself a huge headache. Just mark the k member location before you drop it. So you can put it back in the same spot when you re-install it

ForcFed93

Established Member
I installed FRPP shorties on mine without dropping the K-member. I don't wish that hell on anyone. Just drop the K. I wish I would have.

Users who are viewing this thread