Head unit suggestions??

rmgtc01

Established Member
Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to head units I can upgrade to, prices and possible fitment issues.

I am looking to get some sort of CD/DVD/GPS setup with the normal radio functions and MP3 playback and satellite radio ready are a plus.

I have seen the in dash DVD players, and would like to see pics of how some of you guys put them in to fit and how they have worked out (screen in the way of shifting, etc.)

Not sure if there is a set up that we can put in our cars that is similar to the new C6 vette. Where the screen is stationary in dash, but touch screen, and the player is beneath it. Comes with GPS and not sure about satellite.

So any suggestions of different setups, brands, prices, and pics are all welcome.

Thanks for the help,

Rob

saleen_4_me

I8A4RE
Established Member
Kenwood has a unit that is a touch screen. It's double din size so it takes up the whole space where the stock radio is, and it would fit a lot easier than a hide away TV deck.

Last edited:

saleen_4_me

I8A4RE
Established Member
Originally posted by I-CAN-STANG
do you know the model # on that Kenwood?

The model # is DDX7015 and it sells for around $1,700. The deck will do almost everything from satellite radio to DVD navigation.

Users who are viewing this thread