Head tick question

351c.i.d

Flame me will ya?
Established Member
Ok guys I have a question here. I just got back off of a mission and missed the appointment I had with the dealer to look at the head tick I think I have with my '03 Mach 1.
I brought up the hood and now it sounds like it is coming from both sides, like its injector noise. When you close the hood you can barely hear anything on the passenger side, and you can hear a faint tick from the drivers side, which coincides with what other owners have said.
I have my friggin Magnapacks sitting in my garage just waiting to be installed, but the dealer said dont even think about it if I want warranty work done. Plus I have to wait another whole week for the appointment to check out the noise.
Is the injector noise that much more obvious than injector noise? The devil on the left shoulder is telling me that its just injector noise and the angel on the right is telling me to have it checked out before I install the exhaust.
Help me out guys.
Any cobra owners feel free to elaborate too, since you are the main ones with the head problems.
Thanks guys

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
what you're experiencing sounds like injector noise. i can't speak for the mach's but the cobra "tick" is hard to mistake. if you have any doubts, i'd take the car to the dealer first. re: dealer withholding warranty work for a catback? seems like they will think of anything to keep from doing any warranty work. maybe you should consider another dealer for the work?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Well driving to a Fast Food Joint u can hear it at the Drive Thru.

U cant notice it in an open space & some times the center divider can bounce the tick noise so u can hear it while driving.

I havent heard of any issues with the Tick. Ive had it since day 1 when i picked up my car. Now its just loud but i have other plans for the heads in the near future.

Sorry about ur issues :(

Users who are viewing this thread