Head tick or something else?

Sajin

Established Member
Car developed a tick after doing some high speed runs (with cool downs in between) on the highway one night, the tick didn't occur until the following morning on a cold startup. The tick is real audible on a cold startup and doesn't completely go away until fully warmed up and driven awhile, even then it's still there but very faint (you gotta know what you are listening for.) The tick is coming from the drivers side head. I ended up taking the car to the stealership for diagnoses and they ended up pulling the drivers side head cover to check things out.

Results: Worn lifter guides.

Now did they BS me or does this sound about right for the head tick? They quoted me 5k to replace the drivers side head with the new Jan 05 head. :eek:

POPPAJ

Established Member
Don't know where they'll get the '05 revised head from as there are none in the system either loaded or bare and no scheduled production date.

Sajin

Established Member
Sounds like I might have to buy a reman motor which comes with the Jan 05 heads, as paying 5k for a replacement head is crazy talk. Can I still drive the car or will the engine eventually grenade?

Users who are viewing this thread