e-85
Stage 3 cams
100 wet shot
Kill mode all the time (28psi at least)
of course all supporting mods

any suggestions on heads or anything else i might need? goal is 1000-1100rwhp

GodStang

Established Member
Ditch "Stage III" cams. Send heads to Modular Head Shop and get full race heads and get custom cams to match if your goal is truly 1000-1100rwhp.

or get the Ford GT heads send them to Modular Head Shop and then custom cams. Most likely only way to hit that type of power with your current setup.

Last edited:

jcveron

Established Member
if i do the gt cams or get the custom cams do you think my power goal is reasonable? i am thinking i can get 900-950 with just boost

GodStang

Established Member
GT cams are a waste for what you are doing and will give you almost nothing. Custom cams 100%. If you run ~30psi I could maybe see 900-950 with the perfect setup. I think with a 100 shot and 28psi depending on heads and cams you are looking at 950-975rwhp. Would love for you to see more since your setup will be close to mine.

jcveron

Established Member
i read on here (dont know which thread it was but i read it only about a week or so ago) that a guy was running the 3.4 with the crusher and a built stock block and e-85. he said that 04sleeper told him that boost alone he should make 900-950. That was with stock heads i believe. and even maybe stock cams. i am basing this off of what that guy said. i wish i could remember what thread it was. maybe either that poster or 04sleeper can chime in on this. im thinking that if he can make 900 on boost alone with stock 4.6 built and stock heads and cams, then i should easily get in the 4 digits with a stroker 5.0 custom cams, heads, and a 100 shot. am i totally wrong on this? im sure you have much more knowledge than me

GodStang

Established Member
Yes I read that thread but saying someone could do it and actually doing it is 2 totally different things. I think people are starting to get out of control on what some serums will do. I have seen some 5.4l with ported heads and cams with big blowers and tons of boost barely making the numbers you are talking about. I hope you do make that power but do not get your hopes up.

Back to your original question modular head shop for race port and custom cams for your blower, your boost, your head flow, and your cubic inches. That will give you your best results. Make sure to run 1-7/8" headers and 3" all the way back.

jcveron

Established Member
i plan on running kooks 1-7/8 lt's, kooks o/r x,. and borla stingers...im really hoping for 1000...you see everyone hitting 700-720hp..thats boring now lol if you know what i mean...just hoping to be different. very high TS horsepower and then ill reinforce everything else that way i can put the power to the ground

Users who are viewing this thread