head rests

sonic boom

Established Member
Hey everybody!

My little brother just bought a red mach 1 and I was just outside looking at it when I realized that the drivers side head rest is different from the passanger head rest. I thought it was kind of weird, so I came in here to ask if all of yours were the same way. Is it some kind of safety thing to keep the driver alert or did some yahoo on the ford line take part #54654 off the shelf instead or part # 465466? Either way thanks for reading!

Chris

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Chris...u didnt tell me ur bro got a Mach1. :beer:

Look at u kids....sweet. What color? Sorry didnt pay attention to the head rest but the car is so sweet when u sit in it & actually have time to appreciate it.

Cool.

Zate

Established Member
there has been a few issues like that.. people have gotten Cobra seats.. or Cobra brakes.. black machs with no stripes etc etc.. so i would say its NOT supposed to be like that..

i'll check on the way to work.

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
They are adjustable, is one adjustable and the other not?

Are they a different style?

I have not seen this posted anywhere before, can you get a picture?

sonic boom

Established Member
yeah I'll snap a picture of the head rests and post it later today (if I can figuire out how) hey dave, what do you think about taking the mach down to LACR and putting it through it's paces? It's bone stock, it'd be kind of interesting to see what it does.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Chis why not check on ur 03Cobra VS the Mach1 Headrest?
03Cobras u can slide it up & down for ur head rest vs the GT's. Not sure how the Mach1's are :shrug: if they do the same thing but it didnt seem like it.

Dude u little bro needs to go with us to LACR :D & it would be sweet to see a MACH1 at the tracks.

Should be much easier to drive vs the 03 from the line.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
The Mach 1's with the interior upgrade package that includes all the bright trim inside and fancy pedals like the Cobra, come with the 4 way adjustable headrests like the 03 Cobra has.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

sonic boom

Established Member
I'm not saying that the headrests are different from other cars or from the cobra, I'm saying the drivers side head rest is different than the passenger side headrest, seems weird. And get this, my little brother can't come and run at LACR because he doesn't have a license!!! The little bastard convinced his parents to buy it for him before he even had his permit! That's what I call a smooooooth operator.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
or maybe only one side is adjusted up and then able to lean forward while the other headrest is just in its normal position.

Or...they are different :D

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
74 Musclecars owned through the years

Users who are viewing this thread