Head Removal steps

kaane

Established Member
Torque specs and sequence, cam caps removal sequence, anything else that I need to know to not screw it up :)

stang8psi

Established Member
yea every bolt you remove on the heads and cams need to be replaced.. they are all tty bolts..

stang8psi

Established Member
cam cap bolts and the head bolts are both tty bolts.. the cam cap bolts are a bit pricey also..

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Cam cap bolts are not tty, per the Ford workshop manual. The head bolts are of course. I have reused cam cap bolts without issue.. they do use a torque plus degree tightening sequence but not to the point of yield.

OP.. do yourself a favor and get a manual whether online access or picking one up at the dealer.

stang8psi

Established Member
Every source (jpc, MMR,Evo, livernois, rgr and l&m all in conversation when I was inquiring about ported heads all said this... all the bolts cam cap bolts and head bolts are all tty.. the manual may not state it per say, but any engine builder would tell you to replace any bolt that has a factory three step torque process and followed by a degree step is obviously a tty bolt. Do you need to?? well op its your motor and its up to you.

01bluesnake

Established Member
The cam bolts are not TTY, head bolts are. If the bolt is not specifically labeled TTY in the workshop manual, then it is not a TTY bolt. Ford is now going to turning angles on non TTY bolts as part of their torque spec value on multiple car engine parts. I had this discussion with a Midwest Ford rep who talked directly with Ford engineering.

Last edited:

kaane

Established Member
I found cam removal and install steps in an online manual. Just need headbolt sequence and torque values.

Users who are viewing this thread