Head Question??

jperez77

Established Member
Im changing the heads out on my 98 cobra with stock manifolds, can the heads be pulled out with the motor in the car with the manifolds attached still? It seems a lil tight but they do look like that they can be lifted out with the manifold still bolted up. In help will be appreciated. TIA Jason

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
Yes they can I had to change a head gasket like that once.
They are not light though and wear gloves I lifted mine off by grabing the cams and cut my hands up. Also take your hood off. And good luck.

jperez77

Established Member
Yes they can I had to change a head gasket like that once.
They are not light though and wear gloves I lifted mine off by grabing the cams and cut my hands up. Also take your hood off. And good luck.

Thanks for the reply i guess the hood comes off today, I didnt know that changing these heads out i was gonna have to take apart half the car. lol :shrug:

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
Its not to bad just dont drop anything down the front of the oil pan. when you have it apart you will know what I mean. Good luck. Also get new head bolts they say that the bolts are a one time use bolt whatever that means.

jperez77

Established Member
Yeah i got the timing cover off already and i know what u mean about the pan, cause that would suck. I bought the motorsport heading changing kit with all the gaskets and new head bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread