Head/Intake/cam combo

88stangnut

Established Member
I am looking to upgrade my top end and wanted to see what everyone thinks of the combo that i am looking at. I am going to go with AFR 165 heads(i've read that these can be used with out having to notch the pistons for vavle clearance) with a 60cc combustion chamber, with a Holley Systemmax II intake and a comp cams 218HR magnum hydraulic roller cam(.512 lift/220 duration).

Any in put would be great

93sspcoupe

Established Member
you may have to notch the pistons with that cam, im not positive tho. i think the trick flow 170cc heads and tfs stage 1 cam would be a better setup. i know for a fact you can use this setup without notching. plus it has 2.02 1.60 valves. and i think these heads flow a little better

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
double check the clearance with that cam, but other than that its a solid combo. let us know what #'s it puts down

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
I prefer the RPMII intake over the systemax, but either will put down some good numbers. I'm a bit rusty, but I THINK you could run a TFS Stage 2 cam in it. Would double check that before doing it though.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
+1 on TFS top end kit.

Or afs 165's work very well with the TFS stg 1 cam and 1.72 rollers. I have that on mine and love love love it.

Users who are viewing this thread