head gasket leak

duane v

Established Member
dicks 99 cobra said:
I have decided that I am going to replace the head gaskets myself. I know I shouldn't use sandpaper to remove the old head gaskets. Any other tips?
The old gasket comes right off, I just use a 2000 grit sand paper and a true block and make a few passes, letting the sand paper do the work, then I spray it down with carb cleaner, then blow it off with compressed air, then I clean thoroughly with Acetone...Also send the heads out for a valve job and a heat tank bath ...Maker sure you plug the cylinder bores with rags before cleaning up the block deck...DA snake boy!!!

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
ahh. lets return to the problem. the oil is leaking ONTO the manifold. Unless you mean on the very bottom where the h pipe bolts up, the hg ain't the problem. valve cover gasket.

oh, and as long as the block RA is within spec, you shouldn't have a problem provided there are no gouges or scratches on the gasket sealing surface.

duane v

Established Member
quadcammer said:
ahh. lets return to the problem. the oil is leaking ONTO the manifold. Unless you mean on the very bottom where the h pipe bolts up, the hg ain't the problem. valve cover gasket.

oh, and as long as the block RA is within spec, you shouldn't have a problem provided there are no gouges or scratches on the gasket sealing surface.
Exactly what he stated....DA snake boy!!!!

green99_svt

Established Member
Duane, you just dont get it do you? The advise that you are giving sucks. If one was to take and engine and prep it your way they would be left with a pile of expensive garbage. I dont see how you sit there and defend this great process that you have, and yes your post was to discredit mine. Yours states that in the long wonderfull life of king daune who undoubtably is the 4v master has td many engines of the modular fashion and none exibited any scenario, like i described. I think if you actually knew alot about a mod engine you would in fact know that this is entirely possible looking at the location of the oil pressure galley in the head and block. If that was known may post something more along the lines of, yeah that is a possiblity. Not yours wich states that if a head gasket was leaking then your car would missfire. Anyone that knows any engine knows that statement is not true and a blown head does not mean a missfireing cylinder. Funny thing too Duane this is not the first thread where your know it all attitude combined with crappy advice has turned a simple question into a pissing contest between you and two or three other people. this board, corral, all cluttered with missinformation and arguments from you. you need to get some facts strait. You also need to come to these boards without your I rule this place attitude. You never ask questions you tell people how things are no matter if what your saying holds water or not. Then when confronted on the situation you fly off the ledge calling people ignorent and uneducated. Sorry but this board would be alot nicer without Da Snake boy.

Dick if you would like any advice on your issue feel free to pm me.

duane v

Established Member
green99_svt said:
Duane, you just dont get it do you? The advise that you are giving sucks. If one was to take and engine and prep it your way they would be left with a pile of expensive garbage. I dont see how you sit there and defend this great process that you have, and yes your post was to discredit mine. Yours states that in the long wonderfull life of king daune who undoubtably is the 4v master has td many engines of the modular fashion and none exibited any scenario, like i described. I think if you actually knew alot about a mod engine you would in fact know that this is entirely possible looking at the location of the oil pressure galley in the head and block. If that was known may post something more along the lines of, yeah that is a possiblity. Not yours wich states that if a head gasket was leaking then your car would missfire. Anyone that knows any engine knows that statement is not true and a blown head does not mean a missfireing cylinder. Funny thing too Duane this is not the first thread where your know it all attitude combined with crappy advice has turned a simple question into a pissing contest between you and two or three other people. this board, corral, all cluttered with missinformation and arguments from you. you need to get some facts strait. You also need to come to these boards without your I rule this place attitude. You never ask questions you tell people how things are no matter if what your saying holds water or not. Then when confronted on the situation you fly off the ledge calling people ignorent and uneducated. Sorry but this board would be alot nicer without Da Snake boy.

Dick if you would like any advice on your issue feel free to pm me.
Oh go crawl in a hole and go masturbate :rolleyes: ....I've been doing this process with modular motors since 1997, and no problems from one persons vehicle...You have your way of doing it and I have mine...DA snake boy!!!

green99_svt

Established Member
duane v said:
Oh go crawl in a hole and go masturbate :rolleyes: ....I've been doing this process with modular motors since 1997, and no problems from one persons vehicle...You have your way of doing it and I have mine...DA snake boy!!!

my point exaclty. bye duane im done with you. ill that the advice from the doctor like a good nurse should.

dicks 99 cobra

Established Member
I have repeatedly checked the valve cover gaskets and I am positive they are not the problem. The oil is leaking onto the manifold and ends up on my compressor.

duane v

Established Member
dicks 99 cobra said:
I have repeatedly checked the valve cover gaskets and I am positive they are not the problem. The oil is leaking onto the manifold and ends up on my compressor.
If you are convinced its the head gasket, take four hours out of your life and yank the engine to get even a better look, just because you have a oil leak, doesnt mean its caused by a bad head gasket....It might be some BS oil plug...DA snake boy!!!!

cobraracer46

Banned
01cobravortech said:
I'm curious, why not?
Because the aluminum head is softer than the metal scraper and using such a tool on modular head gasket surfaces will gouge and nick the metal causing a head gasket to leak. Sand paper will also f u c k s up the cylinder deck surface and contaminates the oil passages. Any abrasive cleaning discs for air tools are also not a proper method of cleaning the cylinder head mating surfaces. Ford put out a cylinder head deck surface kit that consists of a few special chemicals and a plastic scraper.

duane v

Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
Because the aluminum head is softer than the metal scraper and using such a tool on modular head gasket surfaces will gouge and nick the metal causing a head gasket to leak. Sand paper will also f u c k s up the cylinder deck surface and contaminates the oil passages. Any abrasive cleaning discs for air tools are also not a proper method of cleaning the cylinder head mating surfaces. Ford put out a cylinder head deck surface kit that consists of a few special chemicals and a plastic scraper.
You mean they actually had to alert ford techs not to re surface the heads by hand :rollseyes ...oh god :rollseyes ...Anybody that has an ounce of knowledge about doing a head gasket change, standard protocol is to send the heads out for a valve job, heat tank cleaning and re-surfacing if needed...DA snake boy!!!!

cobraracer46

Banned
duane v said:
You mean they actually had to alert ford techs not to re surface the heads by hand :rollseyes ...oh god :rollseyes ...Anybody that has an ounce of knowledge about doing a head gasket change, standard protocol is to send the heads out for a valve job, heat tank cleaning and re-surfacing if needed...DA snake boy!!!!

Oh F u c k, :eek: Da *** boy is back!!! :burn: By the way, Ford tells the techs to clean the heads with the Motorcraft head gasket surface preparation kit.

duane v

Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
Oh F u c k, :eek: Da *** boy is back!!! :burn: By the way, Ford tells the techs to clean the heads with the Motorcraft head gasket surface preparation kit.
Ford alerts the techs, not you right??? Because you're not a tech.....I take that back, your the official "PVC breather tech." of SVTP... :-D ...DA snake boy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread