head differences,chambers,11-14,BOSS, 15

scholle

Established Member
donotbuy2011Mustang.jpgIMG_5131.jpg
I believe this is a (locator) for a machining fixture. I feel like its not doing any good in there.
16-2012-boss-302-in-detail.jpg
Boss heads dont have it. Same chamber volume? The runner volumes are supposedly the same as 11-14 coyote yet flow more. port shape-velocity...

I cant find a pic of the 2015 heads. I see that the head gaskets are different and do not interchange. http://fordperformanceracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=24683.
I read that they are cast with the same port layout as the CNC ported BOSS heads. I have no idea about the chambers. The cams are more agressive than previous coyotes but I havent seen anything if they will interchange..
The forced induction HP numbers for the 15's on pump gas are much higher than previous years also. The higher lift cams help but I dont see that being the biggest factor.
The chambers (and possibly improved cooling) are bound to be helping prevent preignition allowing more total advance. The dynamic compression is a little harder to figure but probably is another factor.

Any input??

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
It was a reserved spot for direct injection.

I believe the 15's also have bigger valves to go with the bigger cams.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread