Head Cooling Mod thats EGR safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick-4

Established Member
I'm debating between the Cobra Engineering and the MMR head cooling mod. I need to keep my EGR, the tranny is coming out for my clutch upgrade and like to do this at the same time..

Any one had luck installing either kit without deleting the egr?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I haven't installed a cooling mod, but I've had my engine out and have looked into it. I don't see how you'd have to delete the EGR to run a cooling mod.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a LDC cooling mod. Didn't affect the egr one bit when I was still running it.

cj428mach

Established Member
I have a LDC cooling mod. Didn't affect the egr one bit when I was still running it.

Thats what I have as well.

The Cobra Engineering won't work with EGR. I believe the same can be said about MMR's as well. MMR had one of their advertisement/for sale threads somewhere on SVTP and a guy posted pics of trying to make it work with EGR.

Maverick-4

Established Member
Ok kool, sounds like LDC is the way to go, the only vendor for it is thru D'agostino Racing correct?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Ok kool, sounds like LDC is the way to go, the only vendor for it is thru D'agostino Racing correct?
I'd do some checking before ordering from them. I ordered an input shaft that never showed up. But they were quick to charge my card. I've heard they went out of business but the site is still up.

Maverick-4

Established Member
Dang, that's my fear, I heard the same, back to square one lol hopefully some other cooling mod will fit with the egr tube, I might take my chances with cobra engineering one..

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Dang, that's my fear, I heard the same, back to square one lol hopefully some other cooling mod will fit with the egr tube, I might take my chances with cobra engineering one..

I've ordered multiple items from them with zero issues. The best advice I can give if buying from them is using paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread