HDR photoshoot of my car yesterday - Dialup murder/suicide

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
*** PRO TIP ***

If the pics are too big for your screen, hold down CTRL and scroll the mouse wheel back to shrink the screen as much as needed.

It's been raining for the last week and I haven't gotten a chance to wash the car or take any decent pics since adding the cs/boss splitter and GT500 valence.

I washed the car day before yesterday and after coming home from the gym yesterday, there was a really nice sunset. the clouds were a pink color from the sun. So I backed into the driveway, grabbed the camera and started shooting.

I used my canon T2i with the sigma 30mm lens, the sigma 8-16mm super wide angle lens for a couple of them *you'll know which ones :p * and a canon 17-200mm lens for a couple at the end.

All the shots were done in 3 exposure autobracketing and then HDR rendered using Photomatix 4. After that, I went into lightroom 3 with all of them. Some of them simply got cropped and aligned, some got heavily edited for different photo effects like color grading, black and white, comic book style and other enhancements, etc.

On a couple that were heavily edited, I specifically included an unedited shot to show the difference.

I know not everyone likes HDR and not everyone will like some of the ways the photos were edited but I had so many shots I took, I had a lot of them to leave alone and several that I decided to "explore the space" with.

I'll pre-apologize for the huge resolution and I'm not sure if the forum will resize these or not but I specifically set lightroom to export them in 1920X1200 resolution in case anyone sees one they want to use as a desktop background. I'm using the shot of the GT badge from the trunk as mine. It was a "sure why not" shot I took at a wide open f1.4 aperture for a nice tight depth of field look and bokeh in the background.

Stang_HDR-1.jpg

Stang_HDR-2.jpg

Stang_HDR-3.jpg

Stang_HDR-4.jpg

Stang_HDR-5.jpg

Stang_HDR-6.jpg

Stang_HDR-7.jpg

Stang_HDR-8.jpg

Stang_HDR-9.jpg

Stang_HDR-11.jpg

Stang_HDR-12.jpg

** UNEDITED ***

Stang_HDR-15.jpg

Stang_HDR-13.jpg

Stang_HDR-14.jpg

*** UNEDITED ***

Stang_HDR-16.jpg

Stang_HDR-17.jpg

Stang_HDR-18.jpg

Stang_HDR-23.jpg

Stang_HDR-24.jpg

Stang_HDR-25.jpg

Stang_HDR-26.jpg

This is an older shot but still a good one of the interior. I've since added the white steeda shift knob.

2012Mustang-10.jpg

Last edited:

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
amazing pics and thx for sharing... those damn pics make me want a 5.0 now! LOL!

Dave_6

Established Member
Fantastic pics! Makes me want a 5.0 more than I already do!

BTW hello to a fellow Alabama resident!

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
FastRedPonyCar,

Those photos are excellent. I really like the way it looks with a nice set of springs. After looking at your pictures I suddenly have the urge to go to my local dealership to test drive or at least look at one of the new 5.0 Mustang's in person. I miss not having a Stang in my garage...

Users who are viewing this thread