*hd video's* Got my 03 Cobra dyno'd

ademily87

Established Member
Did this a few weeks ago at our local performance shop, Redline Performance. Car has a stock eaton with a 2.8 pulley, slp o/r x and slp catback, and and an intake. I'm happy with the numbers. Need some more fuel or a better tune though. She started to get pretty lean up top. Thanks for looking!! :beer: Second video came out a little fuzzy. I did three pulls, but accidentally deleted the first one :cuss:

[youtube_browser]X-SEVMfzQmM[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]PphdW12CNAw[/youtube_browser]

IMAG2220_zpsb167cb7f.jpg

04RiceEater

Established Member
Car sounds good buddy. I just got my upr o/r x pipe and sct tuner. next thing is a 2.8 pulley. hope to have numbers like u. Was this on 93 octane? only got crappy 91 here.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
car does sound! numbers look good for having minimal mods.
NOW START PORTING THAT THING.....and give her some fuel to

BradB_04svt

Established Member
Car looks and sounds great dude. Impressive numbers for minimal mods. Im looking to get my car on a dyno once the weather breaks. I wanna see if my numbers will be around the same ballpark.

ademily87

Established Member
Thanks guys!

I forgot about this thread lol still haven't got more fuel for her yet.

What should I go with? BAP and some 60#'s? What about my maf?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Thanks guys!

I forgot about this thread lol still haven't got more fuel for her yet.

What should I go with? BAP and some 60#'s? What about my maf?

All you need is what you listed and either a Maf by SCT or Mafxtender by Diablo plus retune and your good. You also have the option of changing the lower pulley as well. This will be good for around high 400 or low 500rwhp and tq range depending on doing the lower or not. If you do go with a lower I suggest a 2lb for the street. Nice increase and less heat soak. If you want to drag it at the track a lot then 4lb is good, but expect heat soak quick. Whatever you choose get ready to hear that Eaton scream hehe!

Last edited:

ademily87

Established Member
All you need is what you listed and either a Maf by SCT or Mafxtender by Diablo plus retune and your good. You also have the option of changing the lower pulley as well. This will be good for around high 400 or low 500rwhp and tq range depending on doing the lower or not. If you do go with a lower I suggest a 2lb for the street. Nice increase and less heat soak. If you want to drag it at the track a lot then 4lb is good, but expect heat soak quick. Whatever you choose get ready to hear that Eaton scream hehe!

Would I need a dyno tune or could I do a mail order with those mods?
I thought about doing a lower but I don't want to push my luck with the car having over 120k miles.

Almost the same numbers I made. Car looks and sounds great man! :beer:

Thanks man :beer: I'm not a big fan of the SLPs but mine is growing on me finally after a year. I didn't like the sound until I followed it while a friend drove it while I dd'd and fell in love with how it sounded outside the car. It sounds just, mean!

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Would I need a dyno tune or could I do a mail order with those mods?
I thought about doing a lower but I don't want to push my luck with the car having over 120k miles.

If I were you I'd rather get a dyno tune just so you know the car is spot on with fuel and such. Especially, since your car has those miles, you want to be sure the car is running healthy. I never really cared for mail order tunes. Besides it's known that every car is different. When you start playing with boost and fuel past the run of the mill pulley swap, things start to get more involved. Rather a reputable tuner get you where you need to be with safety in mind. As long as your car has a clean bill of health a lower pulley will not break things. These motors are beasts and can take a lot more than a ported setup. There are guys with whipples + high mileage running just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread