HD F150 or Escalade EXT?? help!

2k1S281

Established Member
Guys,
If I may get some input from you Harley guys.
I have about $16,000 ish in cash to spend on a truck. I have always loved the looks of the 4 dr F150. I'm a Ford guy at heart as my toy is a SC Saleen S281!!

I'm looking for something that is 4 door, can haul my family of 3 comfortably on vacation/long trips, haul stuff in the back, and tow the Saleen on said vacations(Mustang week/Carlisle).

I live in SW Ohio, so it would see some winter action. I'm a detective, so I have a city car. The truck would see 3,000 miles a year or so, taking the kid to practice and errands.

I also like the 2003 and up Escalade EXT trucks (pearl white/black). These are AWD and seat 5, and I can haul stuff.

Give me your thoughts, what would you get and why.
It's luxury AWD vs. looks and a blower. I'm scared that the F150 would become a mod $$ pit like the Saleen, but the looks are so nice.

Thanks

Jroc

Established Member
I would get a HD because I like Ford than the Gen1 HD's look better than the old Escalade trucks even though they did look pretty good with some 24's.

BTW teh HD section on SVTP is pretty much dead. If you're looking to talk HD's I recommend LR.
http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/index.php

2k1S281

Established Member
Thanks for reply. I bought a 2002 DSG HD F-150. Has pulley mod and tuned by Johnny Lightning in Pa. Has 77,000 miles and is very clean!
Love the truck so far. Nice big brother to the Saleen.

Users who are viewing this thread