HBH Tuned Terminator....OMG

JayplaySS

I got a Cobra
Established Member
Guys, I hear all the time about tuners who are as good as they say they are...I have had an Amazon mail order tune that felt very good with the 2.8. I drove to HBH and had Hermann datalog it and retune on the dyno to get some numbers and for safety...long story, but the dyno is not up yet, another week or two and I will post the numbers. He did log the original tune and found CRAZY things. This post isnt to bash ANY tuners but just to be careful with mailorder tunes, they will need to be datalogged!

First, the car had an off idle, we had too much timing at idle and 46 dergees at cruising where we should have around 30 degrees.

My a/f was in the 9's on the initial hit and stayed in the 9's too long.

The pumps were maxed at 4200rpm's w/bap and the injectors were pressure was off as well.

Funny thing, the car started and ran like crazy.....

I really didnt think Hermann could live up to what he was able to do, but he far surpassed my expectations on the power and drivability!

Guys, the car is downright scary now above 5K. Silly power with the 2.8 KB..Man!

Thank you for your help Hermann, I cant wait until we can get it on the dyno and check the numbers, they should be very strong. Car is scary and yet drives like stock now. So Hermann, let me know when the dyno is up so we can let your figures show. Thanks buddy. Worth the 3hr drive! :beer:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
thats great to hear, hes getting my car this week to install 2.6h kb and supporting mods, i cant wait,mine wont be as crazy as JayplaySS's car but im sure it will be awsome.

JayplaySS

I got a Cobra
Established Member

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
no, mine is silver 10th aniv, will bring it as soon as parts get there, but i cant wait, yours looks like fun :)

03cobrarocks

Established Member
i was thinking of getting a 2.8 but do not want to run less than 19 psi! do you run pump on yours? torco? or what? I want some power but want the car to be safe with 93 octane.

Last edited:

JayplaySS

I got a Cobra
Established Member
I run it at 18-19 lbs w/ 93 octane, but I really dont beat on it that much, seriously. I have run it through 5th on the way home from HBH and it pulled like crazy in 5th with no problems. Id run it at 18-19lbs if you have 93-94 octane. I do, and we datalogged it at 11/5 all the way up to 6500rpm.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
JayplaySS said:
I run it at 18-19 lbs w/ 93 octane, but I really dont beat on it that much, seriously. I have run it through 5th on the way home from HBH and it pulled like crazy in 5th with no problems. Id run it at 18-19lbs if you have 93-94 octane. I do, and we datalogged it at 11/5 all the way up to 6500rpm.

THATS AWSOME, i am just waiting for hermann to call to tell me kb has arrived, thanks for the info, i think he said i was getting 17# pulley , witch is more than i have now with non ported eaton. yippy skippy

JayplaySS

I got a Cobra
Established Member
SNIPERDOG said:
THATS AWSOME, i am just waiting for hermann to call to tell me kb has arrived, thanks for the info, i think he said i was getting 17# pulley , witch is more than i have now with non ported eaton. yippy skippy

Brother, you will be blown away, litterally!

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
dropped car off at hermann's today, the waiting game starts now. how long do i have do you think ill have to go nuts waiting till its done??, the blower is beautiful, cant wait

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
JayplaySS said:
Was your car the blue one?

Here is a quick vid, didnt have alot of time. Damn I love this car, thanks Hermann.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/504e6e8a-96eb-482e-bc69-98c4012fb4c9.htm

the blue 03 in his shop on slicks and skinnies is HIS car

my.php

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
im jealous then, cause that must mean he has his back now ,so hes out killing tires and gas money. lol

JayplaySS

I got a Cobra
Established Member
SNIPERDOG said:
im jealous then, cause that must mean he has his back now ,so hes out killing tires and gas money. lol

You will be part of the club soon enough. It will feel like a totally different car. Save for some tires, my MT's are gone ALREADY and I got them at Christmas.....WOW. Going back to 315 Nittos and see how they last with the KB.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
been running 315/35 17 nittos for a while, i am concerned about traction when i get car back with kb , since i was on the edge of traction w/only 2.8 pulley. if i wasnt going perfectly straight, i spun, if it was cold out, it spun, and that was with much less power and torque. any recomendations?????

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
any recomendations on tires since the 315/35 17 nitto drags spin in the cold and if car is not perfectly stright, with just a 2.8 pulley, so when i get car back with kb, traction may be a problem,?? yes???
any help would be appreciated, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread