Hayabusa and BMW S1000RR Like father like son

Damon03Termi

Established Member
I havent done a whole lot with my cars lately. Got a bone stock 99 Electric Green Cobra right before Mustang week. So kinda stopped the funds to the 5.0 for awhile.
But I did get the first service done on my 2012 Hayabusa so it was about time to get rid of the stock cans. Replaced with a full Brocks system. Supposed to cut off 30lbs and make around 197rwhp.
My dads been riding since he was a kid and he got me into it. Always tried to convince me my cars will never be able to keep up with a cheap bike haha
He had an orange 03 Hayabusa when I was younger and I fell in love.
We actually rebuilt my first bike. An 08 GSXR 600. then moved onto an 08 ZX10 after that.
I got the Hayabusa brand new for $9999. Couldnt pass it up. Always a dream bike of mine. Just an icon.
Let me know what you guys think! I know shes a pig but I weigh 150 with all my clothes on and work boots so that helps out.
GJLlhpyl.png

UGCQGkRl.png

aEw0DCjl.png

4hMgGTKl.png

SqXEUX0l.png

089EUiEl.png

uZ59GOtl.png

Stinger2011

Established Member
Both look great.

How easy was it to learn on the 600?

My buddy tried to convince me to get a gsxr 600 a few months back , but after riding with him at 160+ on his liter bike I don't think I have the balls to even try a 250.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Both beautiful bikes.... I prefer your Busa though. I wanted one as well but no dealer at the time (2003) would work out a deal (they were selling like hot cakes), so I ended up with a 2003 ZX12R ($9400 out the door. Busa's were $10,500+ at the time) The problem is the ZX12R is a bit to tall for me (I am 5' 8"). I need to lower it a bit. I fit and feel more comfortable on my buddies 2004 Busa even though it is a bit wider and bulkier.

Just like you and your dad, I have been riding since I was 17 with my dad. Started off with a Honda Nighthawk 450, then a CBR 600 Hurricane, and lastly my ZX12R. My dad had a BMW RS 600 with 35,000+ miles up to the point before he sold it.

Last edited:

colin450

Established Member
Why does the BMW have two different shaped headlights? Is one a running light and the other the actual headlight?

Damon03Termi

Established Member
Both look great.

How easy was it to learn on the 600?

My buddy tried to convince me to get a gsxr 600 a few months back , but after riding with him at 160+ on his liter bike I don't think I have the balls to even try a 250.
It was really easy. I never really rode dirt bikes when I was younger or anything before that.

Why does the BMW have two different shaped headlights? Is one a running light and the other the actual headlight?
I don't know why they made them different shapes. Wish they were both like the bigger style but yeah they are

Users who are viewing this thread