Hawk Street Pads? Like or Dislike?

2stangBK

Established Member
For those of you that Hawk Pads on your cars, whats the pro's and con's? My car is mainly street driven, to work and back with an occasional trip to the strip. So theres no real need to upgrade the rotors and such. Whats the scoop?

2FST4GM

Established Member
I drive mine the same as you. They stop great, but the rims are black after just 1 week. I know they're supposed to be low dust pads, but they're a lot dustier than stock pads. It's most noticable on my car because I only changed the fronts. So my fronts are black and backs look good. I wouldn't swap to those pads until your stock ones wore out and you needed a replacement. But when you do, these are a great choice!

jonas

Established Member
I have the hps pads. They do squeak and dust more than stock but they sure stop a whole lot better with them. I'm surrently running the brembo brake kit and will use hps pads made for em when the time comes. They are basically a streetable performance pad

Vinnie T

Established Member
I've only had them on for about 10 days, so I can't really tell much yet. I'm not noticing any additional dusting over the OEM pads, however, I've got Powerslot slotted rotors and some does stay in the slots. They've been really quiet, more so than the OEM pads. The only noise I notice is from the disc slotting which will make a humming sound under harder braking.

For those who have had noise problems, did you start with new discs or machined discs, or just go with new pads only? I see that Hawk is pretty specific about starting out with a smooth disc and bedding in the pads.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Originally posted by omslaw
Are you guys all referring to the street pads or the plus?

Plus pads are supposed to be noisy .... the regular streets are supposed to be quite.

Time for new pads myself ..Not sure which way to go ...

2stangBK

Established Member
Well, from the wealth of knowledge you guys have shared, I'm gonna order the street pads tomorrow and give them a shot. My rotors don't seem to be in bad shape or at least they don't shake or pulseate (sp?) at all so I may skip the turning for now and see how it goes. As for the dust, I wash that car 2 times a week sometimes so I'll just have to live with the dust, I just couldn't see spending the money for Ford Replacements that cost double what the Hawk pads do. Anybody else feel my pain???? Thanks again for all the responses.
BK

2JZFAN

Established Member
I use Hawk Streets and they're great.. no squeaks or anything.. just install them correctly and you'll be alright. More dusting then stock but it's worth it for the performance increase.

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
I have them and the dusting only started really bothering me after I got my white wheels.

My pads squeak very loud the dustier they get, too.

I like their stopping power, though, especially since morons jamming on their brakes for no reason on the 405 is a daily occurrence.

I probably will look for something a little less dusty next time, unless I get different wheels.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread