Hawk Brake Pads

Smokinbago

MN Sports Fan!
Established Member
Wore out your pads already? The 03 must be a true daily driver being that you have had it for less than a year.

sonic77

Established Member
I'm looking at getting some Hawk HP Plus's for an upcoming open track event. Are your pads noisy. I had these on my GT and they were pretty squeaky. Sounded like a bus!

-brad-

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
I installed my Hawk Pads today.

It was easy. They work great.

Did you do fronts only? I heard the rears were difficult.

Where did you get them?

How much?

Thanks.

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
I did fronts, the book shows that rears are basically the same except for compressing the piston. I bought the tool to do that, it snaps on the end of a socket extension. Looks straight forward. I got them at MaximumMotorsports. $89

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I did fronts, the book shows that rears are basically the same except for compressing the piston. I bought the tool to do that, it snaps on the end of a socket extension. Looks straight forward. I got them at MaximumMotorsports. $89

Thanks VPG.

Where did you get the tool for the rears? Eventually I'll be changing mine, and having never done rears on a Mustang was kind of surprised to hear they have some special needs.

sonic77

Established Member
That tool is worth every penny. After trying a needlenose plyers, I learned my lesson.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Autozone - $5

Cool!

Time to add a tool to my collection. Any special name I should tell them or will they know if I say "Mustang rear brake tool" ?

sonic77

Established Member
I tried the autozone cube too, but the notches didn't line up too well. The one that worked best was more cylinder shaped.

Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
Leslie has a nicer one than the Autozone "cube". Got one from Pepgirls

silvercoffin

Established Member
hey

how about ceramic brake pads? SOmeone mentioned them said they work great and no black dust..

Are everyones brakes noisy? My car only has 5900 miles and the brakes make noise occasionally....not scrape but sqeeling sound

Users who are viewing this thread