Having trouble with my 2.3 TVS

HISSNTEL

Not so new
Established Member
I bought a (used) VMP TVS and now I need to go in and inspect the needle bearings in the rear of it. I've got the front cover off but getting the second piece off is proving to be harder than usual since it's been off before and a RTV gasket material was used when they reassembled it. Anyone have any suggestions to make it easier? I've tried bumping it on the "tabs" to get it to separate but it's holding strong. Thanks for any help.

enormous

Established Member
I used a wooden dowel and hammer to lightly tap the separation tabs till the cover split from the case. If stubborn use some heat.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
A good whack on the snout of the front drive from a rubber mallet broke the seal for me. I was nervous about doing it that way but was advised by a couple VERY popular vendors it was the easiest and quickest. Worked like a charm though.

HISSNTEL

Not so new
Established Member
Tried using a mallet and wide flat screwdriver but the sealant added to the difficulty of getting it off. It was just a little more difficult than what I originally expected. Ended up having to continuously rotate the supercharger while working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread